News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

west cornwall hospital

Started by polly, February 27, 2010, 09:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly

Hi All
can anyone help me my mum trained at west cornwall hospital in Penzance, Cornwall it was pewter i think and a tall ship/sail ship she has lost hers and i would like to get a picture to get a replacement made Help!! >:(

wilfb

Hello Polly,

I have just searched our galleries and, as you probably already know, we don't seem to have a picture of a West Corwall badge. Now that is dissapointing!

The best bet is advice from our moderator 'backman' - who may well be able to locate a photograph for you. I have no doubt that he will see your post and respond if he can help.

I do wonder if you have thought about the methods of replacing lost badges. If not, have a look, here is the link:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=165.msg773#msg773

You don't say when your mother trained or whether she was a registered or enrolled nurse - it would be useful for anyone reading your post to know that, as in many cases badges differed.

Best of luck.
Will.

backman

Hello Polly,

I think I know which badge you mean,I'm afraid I don't have one myself as these are rarely seen on ebay.
I will try and scan an image I have although the quality may be poor.

backman

Found an image which should appear presently.The last one appeared for auction in 2005,was silver hallmarked 1967 with the makers mark V&S ( Vaughton and Son ). Good Luck !

nursesue

I am of absolutely no use as I don't own any Cornwall badges - always being pipped at the post LOL!!!

backman

Ah but Sue,

You do have some pretty nice Scottish and Midlands badges.(Seen the latest Brum badges on ebay?)

I do wish it would just stop raining !

P.

backman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk