News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

How lucky we are

Started by Magpie, December 11, 2015, 08:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie

I know that people moan about the NHS and let's face it there are some awful problems in places. ( I live in the Southern Health FT area which has had a damning report yesterday).
Just returned after visit to Chicago with my daughter ( at a Convention). It was finding/ snowing/ icy hail/finding winds and the homelessness issue was dreadful, mostly older people just sitting on pavement edges plus a mother and child. Worse of all a man looking skeletal and the horrible grey/green pallor of approaching death with bit of cardboard with Terminally ill and homeless in front of him. We ate out every night and with other friends asked for doggy bags as portions SO huge then left with warm food to give just a few something to eat. One man froze to death one night. On a slightly different note I forgot my Irbesartan for B/P, always carry prescription so got hold of a doctor who prescribed 10 and I had to pay $35, he is texting his bill!!!! Certainly a country of two extremes, our hotel had big sign outside saying"no guns allowed". Although an enjoyable visit in a lot of ways it's nice to be home.

wilfb

Hi.

Yes, that is so, so, sad..... And yes, the inequalities of the world in which we live are often deeply shocking. But do any of us have an answer?  I for one just do not know...

Your story puts anything I have experienced into deep shade Rosemary. You did something.  We will never, I feel, be able to do enough. Our lives are, perhaps, too complicated today.

Will.

backman

It is not for nothing that Chicago is known as the windy city. Perhaps your story reminds us that Context is everything and that whilst we sometimes bemoan not winning a badge or not being paid our true worth,we are mostly truly lucky to be in the situation that we are.We just sometimes need to be reminded of that.Thanks Rosemary.

caro7b

Thank you Rosemary. Salutary thing for me to read at the moment. X

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk