News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Stolen London Hospital and GNC badges

Started by Sarah Rogers, December 17, 2015, 03:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

HI, Please can you all let me know- or indeed the police if the finding come up for sale on ebay: a Matching London Hospital and GNC badge set. They were stolen last night during a break in and are of great sentimental value:
Last night (16/12/2015) our house was broken into in Lymington and my badges were stolen – my LH badge has 'Adrian Hughes' inscribed on the back, the GNC badge has the finding registration number  76HO844E –

Many thanks indeed, Sarah

nursesue

thats incredibly sad a robbery before christmas and the loss of a prized possession - will certainly keep my eyes open :'(

Sarah Rogers

Thanks everyone- I did wonder about trying to contact  the seller fredmonk who presumably frequents auction houses- as it might come up there in a few months- it was stolen in Lymington.

wilfb

Hi.

I think maybe 'eyes open' to see if the badge/s surface - perhaps on ebay as it is not difficult to sell there, and then reporting sightings.  I wonder if high pressure searches may result in the thieves dumping  the item/s - perhaps even (god forgive) for scrap metal value....

I do wonder if there is already in existence a method whereby a large number of sellers are automatically informed of stolen items?

Is there, I wonder, room for a page on lost and/or stolen items on site here.  Any thoughts would be appreciated....

Will.

backman

I agree that something as distinctive as a named badge is a liability for a thief to dispose of so hopefully it is found and returned to the owner asap. It does raise the question of just how many of the badges in our own collections have ended up there as a result of such burglaries? A large number of the requests I get for missing badges appear to have been lost as a result of theft.What perhaps it does stress is the need for us to have our personal badges engraved with names and dates.Most jewellers should be able to do this for a few pounds and then ,not only does it help protect these,but also makes it easier for future historians to research us once we've popped off!!
It is on my New Years Resolution to do.

Sarah Rogers

HI, I do think that a lost and stolen page would be great- but the admin is extra work? Unless we can upload details ourselves like a badge picture? Good suggestion Will, thanks. My badges , were like Adrian's  engraved- The London always  seemed to do that- did not stop them being tolen, but lets hope that they are found soon.

wilfb

Hi.

You can  do both right here in the forum Sarah - all it needs is a title for the page (Lost and Stolen?) and a photograph/s and it will be online.

But of course you need to remember to update if badges (etc) are retrieved/recovered and that 'Stolen' should only be used where the evidence is incontrovertible.....

Amin time? if members add their own - nil - apart from our checking entries (we do have that need in case of possible complaints) and correcting where needed, but we do that anyway....  And possibly identifying and uploading a badge photo ourselves where requested.

Please feel free - or I will kick off if you wish....

Will.

nursesue

a few years ago I did manage to re-unite an owner with his original badge that found its way into my collection He had sold it when times were hard and it was since re-sold on ebay from where i got it He tracked it down and I was more than happy to do a swap - so its not all bad news

Sarah Rogers

HI, yes please Will, if you can set up the page them we can add the detials as people mention theirs have been stolen? I may not be able to get a specific pic of Adrian's badge but a general LH one will do?

Thanks Will,
Happy Christmas all,
Sarah

wilfb

Hi.

Ok, will do.  It will be online soon - I think that tomorrow as today is almost done - we are two hours ahead of GMT and it is getting on right now.

Very Best,
Will.

myk1066

I wonder if Adrian managed to get his badges back!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk