News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh

Started by blossomtoes12, April 17, 2011, 08:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blossomtoes12

i trained from September 1966 to October 1969 at the RIE Lauriston Place Edinburgh. wonderful training 'wider basic' it was called - a bit of everything from psychiatry,obstetrics,public health, district nursing,paediatric and infectious diseases went together, three hospital specials one of  which had to be gynae and then medical and surgical nursing. such fun at 18 being in the nurses home and all the high jinks that went with living in. we had to do a further year as a staff nurse to gain our hospital badge. more than the newbies these days get when they finish. i did mental health in 2001 it was a years course very busy but worth it, that i did in Norfolk.
to err is human, to forgive divine.

backman

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting.An interesting gap between your general and Psychiatric training? May I ask where was the Norfolk training as this is my part of the world?
Regards,

Peter/Backman

nursesue

hi the new ERI is now in Little France and some distance from the city centre. I have only ever passed it but it looks huge
sue

blossomtoes12

i did my modified course in Psychiatry 3 years in one year at the University Of East Anglia. and i did most of my placements at Northgate Hospital Great Yarmouth and the Elderly placement at the Julian Hospital in Norwich all part of the Hellesdon Yarmouth and Waveney Group. i did it because i had the chance to be seconded at full grade and also as we have more patients with mental health issues in main stream hospitals, it helps to be able to look after the patients a bit better by understanding the disorders. ;D

blossomtoes12

i have not seen the new Royal but did help with a DVD put together about the 'old Royal'. i actually come from Fife and will be up there at the end of May. Just lost my mother march 11th she died in the Vic. i was really impressed with the care given even though its a building site and very noisy just now, very good caring people. had a good journey through the system.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk