News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

First SoN Nurse History.

Started by wilfb, March 30, 2009, 09:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hello.

For anyone who has an interest in having a preliminary look at our progress with the first 'Nurse History' - a Bart's gold medallist - Mary Ellen Watkin, a little news on progress.

Anyone watching will know that we had hoped to publish the final history on-line by the 31st inst.

Because we have yet to finalise the complete history, we have decided that there is easily sufficient to warrant publishing a first look, so here it is:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Articles/MollieWatkin/MNTempnotice.htm

finding the links at the bottom of each page will take you to the end of the preview and back.  Take care at the two initial galleries, you can side-step and circulate each with full size images before moving on....

I hope sincerely that everyone will appreciate the tremendous amount of work to reach the current stage. By several people. All are listed (we hope) on the acknowledgements page.

Enjoy the preview.
Will.

nursesue

stunning and a great researched piece. Are you going to publish as  a book or in a nursing journal?? Can't wait to see the completed article.
sue x

wilfb

Hi,

Sue, you are too kind... But your comments really are appreciated.  I don't really know what the final destination is, but there is still a fair way to go. The immediate goal is to make a good job of this, our first, before starting the rest of the list (last news page). Any accolades must be given to those who made the history possible - acknowledgements page ( http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Articles/MollieWatkin/MollieWatkin002.htm ) - all help given freely  - and at least one more name to be added yet. I can't personally identify or analyse the probable significance of the military badges - but I know a man who can and who is doing so right now. It's really good to be able to get so much help - and we seem to be giving Mollie Watkin's relatives a little pleasure too...

All for doing something that is a pleasure in itself.  Nurses/nursing really are super!! I feel better already!

But enough lazing about - back to work....

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk