News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Schoolsofnursing Photo Gallery

Started by wilfb, October 27, 2008, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

27th October 2008

Hi.

Most existing members will already have received an e-mail on this topic.

We officially opened our new photo gallery for forum members earlier today.  All registered members of this forum have been allocated webspace in which to place their own galleries of photographs on any aspect of nursing history.  The direct link is above in the 'News' section. Or just use this one:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery

(There is a 'Forum' link at the top of the gallery page to bring users back here).

The email already mentioned contained basic upload instructions. Anyone with difficulty should contact us with details to obtain assistance.

Just to keep this short - have a look; create your own gallery (public or private); think about contributing to the public 'Nursing History' galleries if you want to make a real contribution to the history of our profession - it will help repay the time, effort and money expended by the numerous individuals involved in the creation of this site. Makes you a member of the team!

Finally, the gallery is still in it's infancy - you may observe changes neccesitated by experience.  We can guarantee only that the copyright of your photographs remains your property, with the provisio that any you place in the joint 'Nursing History' galleries may be retained there by us - your copyright unaffected.

Please bear with us, all our facilties are free to users. We have no paid staff, only a small core team dedicated to maintaining this hopefully valuable contribtion to the history of the nursing profession.

Please also have a look, if you have not already done so, at this posted notice regarding the future of the MSN nursingbadges group...

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=85.msg343#msg343

Follow the link therein. If you are interested and not already a member, Join! No fees, just enjoyment!

WB.

eric

Am delighted to see gallery is slowly beginning to build up and has both User gallery's for those wishing to display their individual collections BUT am excited that there is public gallery where EACH of us can put a photo of our badge into regional folders for everyone to view.
This way each can contribute to building a folder to show all badges from region and it will be interesting to see all badges from each region.
I particularly like looking at badges using slideshow button and every few days I use this and it will be great to see as more badges are added. I now note the The Irish folder has being beaten into second and third place by the Scottish folder which currently has 30 badges (and beautiful they are as well).
Where are English and Welsh badges? I'd have thought the English would outnumber any other region?
I'd love to see by end of November at least 250 photos within folders and by Christmas double this. Lets see if we can achieve this. Looking at badges being added to nursingbadges site this can easily be achieved if added to here as well.
Wilf, you are to be congratulated for ALL your hard work and committement to site and it is indeed exciting to see how we can now all actively participate.
Eric

nursesue

Eric - I think I'm guilty for the Scottish ones!!!. Having asked wilf about midwifery badges and he obliged by putting in a folder for these and PAMs - i felt i had to add there too!! I think i've exhausted my midwife photos and have some Scottish to put on then i'll do some English
Wilf has worked hard on this site in between all his other commitments and log chopping!!!!
thanx for the midwife folder and all your work
sue  :-*

eric

Sue,
    PLEASE don't feel guilty, the more the merrier. I love looking at badges using slideshow. They're great. I asked Wilf about adding other folders as well and I bet there will be more. I note you have nice Queen's Belfast Midwifery badge on display. This could be included within the NI folder as well, so some badges could be in several folders, which would ensure more complete regional display.
You have lovely collection and trust others will add to folders. I agree Wilf has worked hard. He seems to be busier in retirement between all his hobbies and activities, he certainly deserves to relax with large bottle of wine.
Eric

wilfb

Hello!

Now that, Eric, is sheer provocation.  Relax! With a large bottle of wine!?....

I am printing this out in large, bold type at B3 size (13x19 inches), a fair sized poster - which I intend to place on the lounge wall - headed, 'And Eric said'..... My wife (who has other ideas) is just going to love it!!!

Most of my hobbies involve avoiding work wherever possible!

But seriously, although there is much kindness being shown for my own puny (compared to the rest of the team) efforts, I know that everyone who is contributing and has contributed to the success of SoN so far - including several members of 'nursingbadges', deserves a share of the praise... I intend that the next issue of our News Page will explain that more fully. For myself, for right now, I am sincerely grateful for all the support. Thankyou.

And please, above all else, don't forget Peter - polishing the new nursingbadges site as he is - he was my original inspiration and is of course a moderator on our forum here. A good finding when I am off-line because of the weather... Where are you Peter? (He owes me sandwiches...).

Enjoy. Nursingbadges too... http://nursingbadges.multiply.com/

Will.

nursesue

Eric - i agree its nice to see the badges on a slideshow. Have uploaded some more- will have to correct one bad spelling and have put an english badge in overseas file - blame it on a long hard day at work!!!
sue :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk