News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

SoN PHP upgrade....

Started by wilfb, June 19, 2014, 04:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi.

Our software engineer (Administrator 2 - Adrian B) has upgraded the schoolsofnursing PHP version 4 to 5.4 - Whilst it means little us to ordinary mortals, it means that, we are reliably assured by our ISP, on a much better all-round performance for our site.

Whilst Adrian is not known for commenting personally,I would like to offer a vote of thanks for providing our technical backup. All for no pay or acceptable conditions of service (plus no pension or on the job snacks).

Better, apparently we did not (noticeably) lose any time off-line. If anyone saw the dip I will personally dock his pay..... Negative equity....

Thanks Adrian,
Very Best,
Will.

backman

I will echo your thanks Will.Us lesser mortals just take the workings of the site for granted.Long may they continue,thank you,thank you,etc...

wilfb

Hi Peter.

No - I have decided to dock his salary. A later email email from Adrian said:-

Hi.
I've updated the Schools of Nursing PHP, I've also upgraded the Gallery as it was incompatible.

You may want to put up a post offering my apologies for any "turbulence" between 13:00 and 14:00 BST today as the update didn't go quite as smoothly as I hoped (Coppermine was incompatible, it was also massively out-of-date, I've sorted that now).

Cheers,
Adrian

The 'Coppermine' module - the component running the photograph galleries, would apparently not work with the new PHP code without major updating work, which has now been done. Adrian also carries out regular back-ups of the whole site, which allow me more sleep time - especially in the afternoon in the hot weather!  One does have to take care not to overdo things!!  Another software engineer - who maintains my computers when they become recalcitrant said that Adrian must be like me - 'unexcitable'....  Well, I don't know about that, but I try (strenuously) not to do too much.....

Perhaps we ought to overlook docking his salary - he might decide to take us off-line!

Magpie

Many thanks to Adrian from the world's worst technophobe!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk