News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

SoN Bibliography

Started by wilfb, February 18, 2014, 12:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi.

For some considerable time now I have pondered - in depth and at length - about the SoN bibliography which I had commenced constructing, but which never appeared on-line to others. I did not complete the construction as testing had failed, and I could not discover the cause. Since bibliographies are a serious pain to construct, I pushed things to the back of my mind... However, like elephants, I never forget - and as soon as the proverbial penny dropped I put the test shot on-line again with corrected code. Please do have a look:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/BiblioHist1.htm

And if you can see the bibliography please cheer!! It has always been there (invisibly - really) but for some reason this evening I realized my error. I had been writing in an invisible font - easily done as it is just a matter of a number sequence in the code. My computers had always reported no errors, as the code itself was valid.

Infuriating - as I could always see what was invisible to all (except me)...  My own equivalent of invisible writing - seriously - which shows (or rather - doesn't only online. Now I see it, now you don't! I have now corrected the error so we can share (hopefully) the bibliography with everyone... There is much work to do - so a little and often I think.

If the link does not work for you just refresh your browser. Lots of egg on my face.......

Maybe men really can't multitask - and are usually so busy that they can't see something obvious until just for a second we have time to breathe .... Please let me know that I have now successfully corrected the error - we can then start adding more titles to the bibliography.

Will.

myk1066

Sarah Rogers

Welldone Will- I can see it, most useful, thanks! sarah

backman

Looking good Will.

Would members be able to recommend additions to the list? I have been searching in my Library annexe(the Loft) and found several books that I had forgotten I had had(but not the one I was looking for!) I can recommend;
Fever Hospitals and Fever Nurses  Margaret M Currie
Nursing at Bart's  Geoffrey Yeo
Learning to Care,A history of Nursing & Midwifery Education at the Royal London Hospital  Edith R Parker & Sheila M Collins
Nursing at Guys 1726-1996
Liverpool Royal Infirmary Nurse's Training School 1998
Nursing Memories,From Probationers to Professors.(nursing in Liverpool) Edited by Pat Starkey

and if anyone wants a copy of Nursing History,the state of the art by Christopher Maggs I have an extra ex library copy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk