News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Royal Navy SoN

Started by myk1066, December 15, 2011, 04:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Hi all
Does anybody have any of the Royal Navy SoN badges or pictures of them.  There are 2 versions in both green & blue.
Cheers
Mike

nursesue

hi - the only picture i've ever seen of this badge is a small black and white print in Jennifer Meglaughlins book

myk1066

Hi Sue
Navymil, I think that's his name, on eBay has them, I think.  I also remember getting pics sent from a nursing badges member either from this site or multiply ages ago, they were on a black background/towel & he was based in another country if I remember rightly. They would complete my military badges section to a T if I could get them, I shan't hold my breath though.

backman

For some reason these seem to be one of the hardest forces Nursing badges to acquire,not sure why though.I have only ever managed to get a blue one but this is minus it's wording around the rim so am not sure if it is a mis strike or a legitimate version. I'm pretty sure Barry will have the answer as he has a very strong forces collection.
I would also love to see the earlier version of the Psychiatric nurses badge with the Netley hospital wording to the rim and any specific naval or other military training school badges.A colleague of my trained at Haslar hospital but refuses to part with his badge!!!

myk1066

Hi
Is it possible to see a picture of the un-worded RN SoN badge?
Regards
Mike

backman

barrysutton

I thought that I'd had the Blue version of the Royal Naval nursing badge on the gallery site, don't have a green one (S.E.N.) however I do have a Netley (blue rim badge), does anyone know if there was a green rim Netley badge for S.E.M.N's.

myk1066

Hi Barry.
There there green 'Netley' version.  Have a look on my multiply site in my 'Military Stuff' album.
Mike

markwatson

hi barry i have a spare sen (m) netley badge also have the rgn version and sen(g) and raf nursing badge alas none of tne royal navy son badges markwatson47@yahoo.com

myk1066

I have now purchased 2 RN SoN badges, Registered & Enrolled versions from navymil on eBay, who incidentally is selling a few more at the moment.
There are another 2 RN SoN badges, again Registered & Enrolled versions, that were awarded in combination with, I think, Portsmouth District Hospitals & The RN.  They are more oval in shape & I have never seen any for sale on eBay at all in my time as a collector.  I now only need those 2 to more or less complete my military nursing badge section, follow the link below which shows the blue version.
Mike
http://nursingbadges.multiply.com/photos/album/26/sarawak7#photo=20

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk