News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Lovely group of badges/medals

Started by caro7b, June 06, 2015, 06:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caro7b

There is a lovely lovely group of medals - badges to Sister Pledger at the London Medal Company. Only £1850. Includes RRC, enamel RBNA and Prisncess Christians Cap badge. do have a look. GULP 😀

backman

A fine group indeed But £1850? here is the link;
http://www.london-medals.co.uk/the-rare-great-war-home-service-june-1916-associate-of-the-royal-red-cross-2nd-class-and-salonica-operations-territorial-finding-sister-annie-h-pledger-a-r-r-c-territorial-finding-service-one-time-princess-christian-

I still find it strange that Military groups of medals fetch such high prices but non military Nursing groups fetch comparatively little? I suppose military medal collectors have deeper pockets than nursing badge collectors.Having visited the Ashcroft gallery at the Imperial War Museum and seen their collection of Victoria Crosses I wonder if we will ever see the Nursing equivolent?
Thanks Caroline.

myk1066

caro7b

And how strange, another enamel RBNA on eBay, when I have never seen another!! Two at once.

wilfb

Hi.

The net is like a lace curtain - opaque from a distance but definitely full of holes, both large and small.  Once something is advertised for sale everybody and is donkey gets to know and, I think, puts anything similar that they have up for sale. Can't be blamed I suppose and may even be helpful sometimes...

One thing we do at SoN is a daily (+++) check on spammers attempting entry - but the reality is that once any computer goes on line there is no way (apparently) to prevent anyone connected finding out everything else. Eerie but true.... The downside is that to prevent the whole thing becoming awash takes a whole army to help keep the lid on. If someone wants to know someone else will tell them.

Keep your security software up to date and dump the rubbish without opening......

Will.

myk1066

My RBNA medal is in the gallery so that's 3.

myk1066

Oh & a nice price the RBNA went for!

backman

Have you managed to identify the significance of the D on this badge Mike? Is the recipient listed in the King's Pioneering Nurses list?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk