News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Asylum Badges

Started by Asylum-seeker, December 03, 2008, 02:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asylum-seeker

Afternoon All

Does anybody have images of badges for the finding Asylums/Mental Hospitals?

Park Prewett (Hampshire)
Denbigh (North Wales Hospital)
Manor Hospital (Epsom Cluster)
Netherne (Surrey)
Fairmile (Berks/Oxon)
Deva Countess of Chester
Cherry Knowle (Sunderland)
St Georges Hospital (Morpeth)
St Mary's Hospital (Stannington)
Napsbury (Herts)
Harperbury (Herts)
St Georges (Stafford)

If anybody has images of these, I'd love to see them!

Thanks

Ali

wilfb

Hello Ali,

An interesting list.  I think that 'backman' a forum moderator, may know of some. He will no doubt see your post and will help if he can. There are, of course, other members who may have something on your list too.

I don't have a single badge photograph on your list, but it did set me thinking.. There was another Hospital at Morpeth, and I can't for the life of me think what it was called.... Any idea?

Regards,
WB.

backman

I will seek out a Netherne picture but have little else of the others but will attempt to find pics.
As regards Morpeth,there was an MD hospital listed as Northgate and District Hospital,Morpeth,
also Burnholme,Stannington
      Silverton House,Rothbury
&    Bow Villa,Morpeth 

courtesy of the Hospitals Year book 1958.

backman

Have found a couple of Pics of Cherry Knowle and St Marys Stannington,which I have put in the Asylums sector of Nursing badges.Not great I know but at least give you an idea of their design.Netherne is also on there as well as Denbigh ( in the welsh sector)

nursesue

think I have a St George's Stafford badge - check in photos in the English badges section on this site
sue

smutters

I'm not sure there was a badge for Park Prewett. I think you may find that as it stood in the grounds of and the School of Nursing was based at the then Basingstoke District Hospital (now North Hampshire Hospital), Park Prewett (now Parklands), came under their hospital badge. I could be totally wrong and apologise in advance if I am incorrect!!!  ;)

nursesue

ok - this is my St Georges badge Stafford -  hope it loads ok - file too big last nite to upload
sue x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk