News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Desert Island Badges

Started by backman, February 02, 2014, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

With apologies to any Radio programme of a similar name, what 10 badges would members like to take with them, if they were to be marooned on a desert island?

Sarah Rogers

My own LH badge, DN badge, MacMillan Nurse badge .... a large LH, probably a pair of Ww1 medals to a nurses, and WW2 medals to another nurse, plus her Poplar badge not sure!  and on other.... a nightingale? and what would you take ?
Sarah

backman

Tricky as this seems to change but these certainly contain my current favourites.
London Temperance Hospital medal(very intricate detail)
Greenwich & Deptford Hospital prize medal( Some of the nicest enamelling I have seen)
Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital
Princess Christian's Army Nursing Service Reserve( to remind me of the true meaning of struggle)
Jersey General Hospital silver fob (not the one I was awarded but an earlier version)
Large size Royal London(just a lovely badge)
Holborn Infirmary(one of my favourites)
St Charles Hospital(Madonna & Lilies)
LCC St Pancras Gold
General Hospital Nottingham( this badge has it all)

barrysutton

King Edward VII Hospital, Port Stanley, St. Helena Trained Nurse, P.C.A.N.S.R., Netley Hospital, St. Dewi Ysgol (St. David's Maternity Hospital, Bangor, N.Wales), Jerry Hall V.A.D. Hospital Sunderland medal, Charing Cross Hospital medal,  Chester City Hospital,        Chester Royal Infirmary & Barony Hospital (Nantwich).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk