News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Log-in.....

Started by wilfb, June 09, 2013, 05:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi. it's a bit quiet, and cold, and threatening rain!!

Just wanted to mention that it is only the Registration that is closed at peak spam times. Existing members should be able to log-in and use the forum normally.

The holiday is going well and we have not yet become lost. My wife Pam is navigating.....

Will.

barrysutton

So where are you now, somewhere in Europe I assume !!!

Sarah Rogers

hope the weather picks up for you..heating is on in our house...so cold!

nursesue

seems we're having good weather up here on the east side of Scotland blue skies windows open and the sun is shining Promise haven't had one too many vodkas! :D

Magpie

Cold here in Hampshire, have put heating back on today. Never mind the men are coming to Tarmac my drive so I'll be able to get warm over their brazier or whatever they have to melt it!!

wilfb

Hello All.... To reply to Barry first - I am indeed somewhere in Europe - Waddington, Lincoln - close to the airfield.  But we are still playing Gypsy - Crete, mainland Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland... And we are just resting before moving off on leg 2 - back to Holland (Maastricht) to an Andre Reux concert before doing more Europe, including Colmar (super place) and eventually Venice (our favourite after Crete).

A spot of bother (heavy traffic) at the Gottard Tunnel in Switzerland led to our taking the road over the pass.. Don't try that on your bike!!

The weather got cooler all the way up from Crete until now I am still, in spite of the occasional sunshine, still cold....

And the ferries (for Sotiris!) started with one of the oldest ANEK Lines boats (in spite of being booked on the latest) went on with Hellenic Spirit (an old (new-ish) favourite - magic!) and ended with the Stenna Brittanica (superb). So now we are here at base visiting friends and recuperating in the cold before the next off!

And I am neglecting SoN a little - but checking daily and attending to essentials where necessary.

So now I will get back to what I am reputed to do best - keep resting in case I get tired!! And planning the next visit.... And if Peter is watching the shop (I know that he is) - Sir, you can join me with my feet up (no chance) when you retire too. And I just bought a Canterbury (1934) SoN badge which we don't seem to have in the database.

Keep well,
Best to all,
Will.
Ps - Barry, almost forgot - visited Reusel (my old route to BMH Rinteln) on the way up. Sadly we could not make Rinteln itself. W.

barrysutton

I realise its out of your way but if your ever near Chester/N.Wales please let me know I'm sure that I could show you one or two badges.
I hope that you and yours continue to have a super holiday, Ruth (my daughter) 19 now was born in Rinteln and she's off to S. Korea for 7 weeks next week.

wilfb

Hi Barry.

A little further than Rinteln methinks! Happy memories though, but I still have not found the original hostelry we stayed at in Reusel. But then it was just a small village then and the hostelry had a bakery built in - they stored my bike in there to keep it dry... And being preceeded by a couple of Scotsmen who poured Scotch like it was water - the owners insisted on 'NO bagpipes' (seriously) - before they would let us in... Someone had created a something of an impression!!

My navigator, (eventually Best Man), sadly died a few years back. My wife Pam is now navigator along with Mr Garmin... Bitter-sweet memories...Perhaps best left where they fall. But I still love going back.

The badges - I must have seen quite a lot of them but it would be great to see them for real - but we always seem so short of time, though the offer is appreciated and noted. Maybe we can have a meet in Kolimbari at our local monastery (Gonias Monastery) it is internationally renowned and has a well used academy for such purposes - The Ecclesiastical Academy of Crete....

V Best,
Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk