News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

What was in your postbag today?

Started by backman, June 17, 2014, 10:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

I have the Leicester badge, the shiny one, so me thinks it's in it's original patina.  As with the LH Charge Nurse badge, it's difficult to photograph hence not on the SoN gallery.

nursesue

I also think it is its original shiny metal Looking at places where you can't clean its the same I worked with a nurse who had this badge and remember it being equally as  shiny Reminds me of the QE SEN badge -also as bright and difficult to photo. Took me about 20 attempts to get this photo!

nursesue

Not sure if any of you saw the Scottish midwife badge with certificates but I won it/them and a parcel arrived today with badge and a plethora of nurse related certificates as well as ration books all belonging to same person - a truely amazing record of a Scottish Midwife including a school leaving cert for Dunfermline- a 15min drive away from me I am amazed at what I won It will take me a while to plow through it all and photograph so please be patient as I will upload to this site
Am now in a quandary - do I keep it all or do I resell the ration books  as they're not my thing???
Does anyone know how I can research this nurse/midwife???
and life gets spookier - as I opened the carefully wrapped badge I found it was packed in an envelope with a certain Peter M's of Norfolk address on it!!!
rest assured it's now shredded along with my other papers

wilfb

Hi Sue. Greetings.

My own view is that you should keep everything possible relating to the history of a nurse - and you seem to have a treasure trove....

I am on holiday right now so am unable to contribute to the question of research - 'lizzie' may well be able to assist, although Peter is no slouch by anyones standards.

Will be in Athens again on Aug 4th for a few days en-route back from the UK - August in Athens!!

Very Best.
Will.

wilfb

nursesue

barrysutton

Why do I never get postbags like Wilf's, but I do get some nice items nevertheless, the latest being 32 medical related items (badges & patches) both military and civil to todays Russia.

wilfb

Hi Barry.

Why do you never get postbags like mine? Perhaps you don't have two addresses! Or perhaps you open them too quickly!!

But lucky you - I was in Moscow many years ago and had a superb opportunity to obtain many badges - all I needed to do was to trade British (or American) cigarettes.  But, and this is life you will agree - I did not collect badges at the time - but I did smoke.  My UK brands were unobtainable to the general public too, so I was never inclined to trade my precious supply.... A superbly missed opportunity.  But then I was able to attend the Bolshoi ballet (Don Quixote for one performance - magnificent) in the Winter Palace within the walls of the Kremlin.

But those badges - everybody who was anybody (and all the others) seemed to possess several. And I was only interested years later!!

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk