News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

It's All Very Quiet?

Started by backman, October 20, 2014, 09:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Hello,It seems very subdued out there,are we all Gathering in the nuts before Winter or enjoying the last of the summer(at least in East Anglia)? Or is it only me with nothing better to do?.....

wilfb

Hi Peter,

There is nothing better to do than nip into schools of nursing and see what's going on.  Well apart from gathering nuts in East Anglia!!  But all our nuts are gathered in Peter, and the logs delivered and stacked, and we are enjoying what will probably prove to be the last of our summer sunshine here on Crete! A hard winter has been promised.....

Having said that I am desperately (always) trying to get the next SoN news ready; new articles, photographs, news etc. Plus answer the inevitable emails and keep the spammers at bay.  Plus of course living life, shopping, gardening, driving, preparing for that winter et al. Oh' and I have the annual calendars to prepare and print; plus the Christmas cards (yes, we still send them) and my next photograph exhibition to create and print up. Plus a lot of background work for SoN - working on the new public gallery for example. Not a minute to spare.....

But I can report some of that in the October News - so I can read it there!!

And yes, things get a little quiet sometimes. But don't knock on the table and ask if there is anybody there.....

I too would love to hear what everyone is doing.

Will.

nursesue

tis flu immunisation season so am doing extra shifts to cover flu clinics Visits to dentist for treatment of a dental abscess and planning my next buy off ebay/pete's shop Life isn't very exciting in a cold and windy Fife but I did find a wee bargain of a gem in Australia - a Hull badge for £10 including P&P!!!

Magpie

Hi Sue- how horrible having the dental problem, hope all goes well.
It does seem quiet at moment and clocks back next weekend, hate the long dark nights. Our village Parish Council will not have any street lights so gets a bit spooky with a torch! Still I remember being scared when I first went to Birmingham to start my training at Birmingham Children's Hospital and being very jittery about the shadows from the street lights having come from little Cotswold village so I guess have come full circle.

backman

Sorry to hear of your Dental issues Sue,I need to visit my dentist too as both my wife and I lost fillings whilst in Berlin!

Good to hear of any acquisitions,no matter how small,as you say the market is particularly quiet at present with bargains to be had.
I finally managed to win one of the medals from my Wish list at auction but paid far too much for it.Hopefully it will be bailed out by acquisitions elsewhere.Picture to follow once it is received.

I don't suppose anyone has a Liverpool Mill Road Maternity Hospital Badge as a spare do they?Leicester Groby Road,Loughborough General and Edinburgh Chalmers Hospital are also items I am looking for for clients.Any help gratefully received.

nursesue

its back to dentist today and thanks for all your sympathy Do I have root canal treatment or have the bloomin' thing extracted. I only have one Chalmers Hosp which is part of my Scottish collection Will keep an eye open for the others Are you after anything else for clients?

wilfb

Hi Sue.

Root job - go for it!

Will.x

barrysutton

tHE LEAST PAINFUL BOTH TO BODY AND WALLET, i HOPE THAT ITS NOT TOO SORE.

Magpie

Hi Sue - at least you're in the right country for a good well known mouthwash, a nice malt! Hope tooth improving. Rosemary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk