News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

nurses reunited website

Started by nursesue, February 16, 2008, 10:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

found this website whilst surfing tonight - thought you moght like to have a look
http://groups.msn.com/nursesreunited
sue

eric

Was just reading latest Site News for January 2008 and looks like very interesting items coming shorthly to us.
1. first contributed article
2. Photo-gallery developments
3. 'How to' steps in collecting personal histories (and if tasters are anything to go by, I'm already eager to learn more). This could lead to more helpful hints on 'How to' articles in relation to nursing history.
4. Increase in membership (which am hoping makes a 'meet' more likely later in year, hint, hint)

May I ask Wilf Burgess if person in position 13, 2 rows in front of him in group photo, is that sister or wife as they share same surname??
Whenever I see old photos, I usually ask myself, where are they now? Anyone ever do that?

There does seem to be more nursing 'history' sites coming along, which is great. However I notice lot of hospitals on mainland UK have a history page to their website BUT those in Northern Ireland their absence noticeable. I know Northern Ireland moving out of its dark history and want to forget that part of troubles but surely history of hospital would be nice. Anyway, just a thank you to moderator for their hard work, their effort is indeed deeply appreciated by members.
THANK you

eric
Eric

eric

I forgot to say Nursesue, thank you for website. I've logged on but going through years I note no Northern Ireland people on, so at least there's one now. Will be interesting to see if anyone else (from NI)comes onboard.
Interesting site, yet another addition to nursing history and as backman says potential membership area. Think of potential expertise we have here. There's definately many avenues to explore and develop.
Eric

wilfb

Hello Eric,

Glad that you found the site news interesting. Thanks for your comments.

Isobel Burgess. A super young lady - but no, not related. Although I suppose that there must be a link in the chain somewhere along it's length. The Burgesses were a very priviledged family - allowed to bake their bread in the town oven.. Perhaps it was seen as possibly useful to have a number of us on the staff - in case the hospital bakery broke down. We could have ferried the bread into town!

Let's see - 1700 patients (allowed 2 slices of bread per meal) - 2 x 1700 x 3 meals... I never was any good at maths, but I think that the town would have needed a very big oven!

wilfb

PS.

If anyone has their old nursing group photograph - please email a copy to us (with names if possible), we only have a few right now. We will take care of any copyright issues.

WB.

eric

Can I ask if anyone having problems accessing squirl website??
I can not seem to find mine or anyone's collection. Is site down or has it moved?

Eric
Eric

backman

Yes Eric,It seems to have been down for quite a while.No sign of when it may reappear.I am looking at the posssibility of setting up my own web pages elsewhere and will keep the group informed.

wilfb

Hello Eric, Hi Peter,

As you know we are working on setting up our own user gallery on SoN - the problems with some existing sites is one of the reasons we are being so careful (slow!) - we want to be sure that all the work involved stays where it should be - on-line.

Meanwhile - Eric I have your collection to put up on SoN and will do that as soon as, but maybe 4-6 weeks (worst case). I could do the same for yours Peter, but the wait would be longer (big collection!) and of course you could not upload/edit yourself until we automate.  There a few other free 'photo sites - I will look around and note here. Maybe if we all did the same the result might be speedier.

W.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk