News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Scottish Male Nurse badge

Started by backman, September 30, 2015, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Having recently acquired a Hospital badge from the Glasgow Western Infirmary from the 1930s which is named to a male Nurse I have been doing a little sleuthing.I(and the original vendor) had originally thought this may have been issued to a Doctor of the same name but the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Board Archive has provided the finding information; The register of nurses' badges kept by the Western Infirmary shows that Bruce Anthony Anderson was issued with this badge on 31 August 1932.  He has commenced his training on 31 May 1928.  He left the Western Infirmary on 31 August 1932 and moved to Lerwick in the Shetland Islands.
Using this I have found him in the Scottish Register of Nurses (1938,still living in Lerwick)as number A13306.From this I can only assume that the separate B part of the register for Male Nurse(General Trained) had ceased to add men separately and presumably the issuing of a separate Scottish Male Nurse badge? I don't suppose anyone has his Scottish RGN badge to reunite the pair?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk