News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Scottish Health Board

Started by myk1066, September 23, 2013, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

I have an above named badge, inscribed to recipient with a Fever Nurse qualification.  What is known about the Scottish Health Board, did they issue badges for each branch of nursing & were they the pre-cursers to the Scottish Nursing Council?
Mike

blossomtoes12

Hi hav not been on site for a while, yes each discipline in Scotland had the saltire cross with the discipline written round the edge of the badge all silver. Nothing to do with the Nursing Council I Dont think. Nursing Council is NMC
to err is human, to forgive divine.

myk1066

Hi & thanks for that.
The Nursing Council in Scotland did issue badges for its various branches of nursing including general, mental health, sick children, fever & mentally sub normal (as it was then termed). There is also a Registered Male Nurse Scotland badge too.
The one I am on about is the rounded version with the wording Scotish Health Board written around it & a blue enamelled cross.

backman

The Scottish Board of Health was responsible for overseeing the provision of Isolation Hospitals north of the border, and rather like the Metropolitan Asylum Boards, organised formal training for it's fever nurses. Scotland began a national system of fever training from 1885.
Not too familiar with the details but I think there are two versions of the badge you mention ,one has Local Government Board, the other Scottish Board of Health. The SBH certificate was still being awarded after the introduction of the Scottish Fever Nurse qualification,( I have seen dates unto 1925)but I am unsure if the badges were still awarded?

Perhaps Sue knows more?

backman

I will add a picture of mine to the albums but here is a link;  http://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/12385958933/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/12386255634/     .I have found that the recipient of this was also admitted to the Scottish Fever Nurse register in September 1923,but don't know if she had a fever nurse badge as well?

nursesue

hi guys - will research this for you and let you know what I find

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk