News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Seafield S.C.M

Started by barrysutton, February 16, 2012, 04:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrysutton

I've just aquired a badge which says Seafield S.C.M., which I take to mean State Certified Midwife, does anone know where this hospital was/is and did it have a midwifery training school

backman

I have two Seafield hospitals listed in the 1958 Hospitals Year Book.One is in Buckie,Banffshire which was a 52 bedded General Hospital ,the other was Seafield Sick Children's Hospital ,Ayr a 110 bedded hospital which did have a Preliminary training school for nurses and also trained nurses in Sick Children's nursing.

backman

myk1066

Hi all
I've the Seafield Sick Children's Nurse Training School badge, link below.  Can we see the SCM version please.
Mike

http://myk1066.multiply.com/photos/album/1/Hospital_Nursing_Badges#photo=190

wilfb

Hi Mike.

Any chance you could add the photograph on the Multiply site to the galleries pages? Things are a little slow in that departmenht right now and I don't think that we have that photograph. And any others you might like to add would be sincerely appreciated.

Plus, of course any other photographs anyone might like to add....

Will.

nursesue

i would also love to see a photo. Barry and I swapped some badges recently and its a great way of building your "area" of collecting When we get a nice day I'll post some photos ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk