News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Christina Simpson

Started by nursesue, August 30, 2014, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

after searching in ebay for something nice I came across what I thought was " yet again another scottish midders" badge How wrong was I ? the description says it came with a certificate What I got was a bundle of ephemera all related to Christina -  a real treasure trove of a nurse/midwife's career. I debated on this site to whether or not I should keep the non nurse related paperwork but came to realise I should keep the collection together.
Now as some of you know my computer doesn't like my camera so have tried my best to upload some photos in my gallery of this wee but important collection I have only included the nursing related material but if you like I could try and upload the rest of the collection.
if Wilf can improve on my pics (or anyone else) please feel free
Yes I'd love to find out more about her and perhaps even discover her other hospital badges
Please enjoy and forgive my poor photography

myk1066

Nice pieces there Sue.  Did you ask the seller if they knew the whereabouts of Christina's other badges?

backman

The Register of Nurses for Scotland 1938 shows that Registered Nurse A.12847 was a Christina Elizabeth Simpson,Address Blue Gate Lodge,Ury,Stonehaven. Date of Registration 21/11/30 Qualifications Royal Infirmary Aberdeen (After Examination )A/E   -/10/30

Hope that helps!

wilfb

Hi.

Perhaps a nurse history Sue?  Maybe 'lizzie' (Sarah) can help?

Will.

nursesue

hi I did try to contact the seller but no reply and the info you have fits with what i know Sarah and I will be making contact but we've both been away on our hols (not together!!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk