News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Nightingale

Started by myk1066, September 16, 2018, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

What is the highest price for a Nightingale SRN badge has gone for, anyone know?

wilfb

Hi Myke,

I don't really know the definitive answer to that one, my records are still filed from  the holidays, but I do recall paying around 800GB Pounds for a very special one. I think at least a couple may have gone for more.

Will

backman

I do recall that a cased one was sold on eBay a few years back for £1500.From memory it went to Australia. There are higher prices for groups which included Nightingales but it was generally the military medals that drove up prices.

I still think they are vastly overpriced for the sheer number of them available in circulation, but everyone else tends to prove me wrong on that one! What surprises me is that nobody has yet started to copy them? At those sort of prices it can't be too longs military collectors have found to their cost.

backman

I see that Sally B had a damaged one on sale? Perhaps it is time we all wrote to the Nightingale Institute to suggest they might like to produce a top quality replica badge for sale to commemorate FNs bicentenary in 2020? I'd much rather see them raise money for nursing good causes from such a project.

wilfb

hi.

An excellent suggestion Peter....

Will.

johnny4v

Does anyone know what was the top price paid for a LONDON HOSPITAL badge?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk