News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

men in nursing

Started by nursesue, August 11, 2018, 10:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

But Sue,If we have more men in nursing who is going to do the boring non glamorous stuff?

ahashton

I can see that men as well as women can find that nursing can be a finding and rewarding career, but for myself I have always preferred to be nursed by women when I have been a patient; also I think that many elderly patients find it difficult having men 'care' for them....... in the same way that mixed wards are unacceptable to many patients.  Surely,  it's all about the sensitivities of people at a time in their lives when they are f eeling vunerable!

wilfb

Hi.

Yes I can agree wholeheartedly with all of that having (once upon-a-time) nursed male/female/mixed wards.  I personally never had a problem working with any, and mixed wards didn't bother me at all.  But then being a younger (20 something) male at the time the ladies I encountered seemed to find my presence helpful! I certainly enjoyed the experiences - although some psychiatric ladies could be very testing....

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk