News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

National Hospital Service Reserve

Started by barrysutton, July 04, 2018, 10:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrysutton

Some years ago I acquired a standard issue U.K  W.W.2 British Army helmet that had been painted white and had the initials NHSR in green on the front, awhile later I acquired NHSR in green on white linen which I believe had been cut off the sleeve of a white linen jacket, this week I've acquired an armorial type brooch with the initials F.M.A.U in the shield part and N.H.S.R. in a bottom scroll on the reverse 1960 Mrs. I. Clements, H.M. Birmingham 1948.
I believe the NHSR came into being when the N.H.S. started in July/1948 and I thought that it was phased out in the early sixties.
Does anyone know anything about this organisation, who was in it, what the initials F.M.A.U. stand for Etc., any information would be greatly appreciated. 

barrysutton

I now know that this organisation existed from 1949 - 1968, I also have the 3 metal/enamel badges and two armbands one being for N.I. and a cloth uniform patch, infomation about any further items would be appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk