News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

General Nursing Council for England and Wales Registers

Started by johnny4v, April 02, 2018, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny4v

Can anyone advise me of how I can access the now closed GNC Registers. Is there a charge for doing os. Many thanks

myk1066

I do believe one of our members on here may be able to help you.  On that note how many nurses were registered in 1921 as I've just purchased my second GNC badge from 1921.

backman

It really does depend on what you are trying to access? Some of the early registers have been digitalised and are available to subscribers of Ancestry.com or through some university libraries; https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=60423

If it is a simple enquiry I may be able help as I subscribe.Please let me know

johnny4v

Thanks Peter for your information. I am not a member of the RCN. Do they have a fee for anyone for accessing the said Registers. I would like to research a number of registrations and I feel I need some time to look through the contents of the Registers.
Thanks once again for all you help

backman

You may find more detail here;https://www.rcn.org.uk/library/services/family-history

The Ancestry site has a number of different payment options but it can be quite time consuming to find the information you need. Unfortunately you just missed a free trial offer which they had for Easter.If it helps you I can try looking for one example to show you the sort of listing you get?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk