News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Thanet Hospitals Group

Started by Mark Kerr, January 16, 2018, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Kerr

For those not monitoring eBay this evening... this 1970 Isle of Thanet Hospitals Group 20 year service just closed at £177! I presume a smallish nursing school, combined with a 20 year service bar, makes it fairly rare, and I know an auction price might just mean two determined bidders, but is this especially rare and unusual, or just two really REALLY keen collectors having a tussle?
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

backman

I think a combination of both factors Mark.As with most nursing badges the statistics of how many hospitals issued such long service badges is sparce but I expect few.A very nice item,the hope is that such a high auction price may flush out more into the system?

Allan Curtis

I followed that auction because I did my SRN training in the Group. I do have a set of floor plans for the original hospital at Margate as well as the badges SRN and Enrolled.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk