News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

St Mary le Bone Infirmary medal

Started by traceyann, January 05, 2018, 03:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traceyann

Hi all, I am a new member so please excuse me if I do anything wrong .

I have come across a 1908-1911 St Mary le Bone Infirmary Medal in my fathers belongings. It belonged to my grand fathers sister Mabel Rose Boniface ( her name is inscribed on the back along with the date ) .

I am wanting to know what these medals are worth. It is bronze in colour and has a navy ribbon with a bar and pin at the top .

Any help is much appreciated ( not sure yet if it will become available for sale )

backman

Hello and Welcome,

The simple answer to your question is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.There really is no standard value to a nursing badge or medal.What it is worth to its recipient or their family and the story it has to tell far outweighs the monetary value.That being said there are collectors,such as the members on here,who try and preserve the memory of our Nursing predecessors such as Mabel.The value will depend upon any details or extras such as certificates ,pictures or details about her career and the popularity or scarcity of a particular School of Nursing or Hospital.The Marylebone Infirmary medal does come up and on its own, I might expect it to fetch anywhere between £25-60 depending upon condition ,but on a good day it may go higher? There will be people interested on most on line auction platforms.We do not condone selling through this site for obvious legal reasons and any private transactions are strictly at the risk of the buyer and seller.
i would encourage you try and find as much as you can about Mabel and her history and perhaps you may decide to preserve her memory within the family?

traceyann

Thanks for the reply .... I will definitely consider what you have said, much appreciated ....just not sure what to do with it as I am the only one in the family that would ever consider keeping it ....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk