News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Bronze Nightingale

Started by wilfb, November 29, 2017, 08:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Yes, it's an interesting item, is it a die cast?

wilfb

Hi.

No idea at all myk..

Will.

backman

It does appear to be,doesn't it? Interesting but wouldn't have thought it would appeal to many people unless you were trying to produce your own replicas. I have suggested that the Nightingale Institute might consider producing replicas to issue to ex nightingales looking to replace lost badges,thus avoiding the silly prices of the secondary market,but had no response. Would be interested to know whether the copyright is still current?

myk1066

Are hospital badges copyrighted?

backman

I believe that their design will be protected.I know that Fattorini would not allow anyone to have a replacement badge made without authorisation of the commissioning School of Nursing who they say retain the ownership?

wilfb

Hi.

Yes, any design is copyright of the designer - and where patents involved in the case of manufactured items. Graphic designs are usually copyright for at least 50 years (I believe) in the first instance, but can be extended if required by the legal holder.

Both instances are subject to complex national/international laws - a brief look at Google or other search engines will no doubt convince..... But even then the complexities demand a good lawyer.

The good part is that most holders are more than willing to help if asked and there are many expired items. Please don't ask me for a coverall answer -  each and every case is different and the variables are invariably variable!

Will.

backman

I was the successful bidder on this,but don't really know Why? It is an interesting piece and clearly matches the size and pattern of the badges.The question is could it be used as the basis for  producing some sort of replica although it would be un enamelled and without fixings,and who might be able to advise? I will probably sit on it until I figure it out but will try and upload pics later.
It is so dark and miserable here photography is proving problematic unless I can figure out a light box.I think I have acute onset Seasonal Affective Disorder( at least I think that's what people meant when they say I was sad?) I do hope that the £100 million euro lottery win hurries up so that I can invest in my Australian branch office of Nursing Collectables!!!

wilfb

Hi.

Keep in there Peter!  We couldn't do without you and yours... Sad? You think that might be the problem?  My wife Pam says that you only need to change the 'S' to an 'M' and you will be describing me to a 'T'......  Glad that you got that bronze - I didn't bid. Maybe later we can feature the photographs on SoN. Right now I am desperately racing the clock to get the long overdue News page et al on line.....

Be back with you all on Thursday night!

Merry Christmas.
Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk