News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Query identifying photo location

Started by eric, November 21, 2017, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

I purchased this PC photo from ebay of group of nurses dated 27th May 1952. I wonder if anyone can identify anyone from photo or the location of training school.
The names are on rear of card. (Hope attachments appear)

I don't know if 1952 was start or end of training period. I have tried searching the nursing register for names from 1952 - 1956 but unfortunately I get several of same initials or names from different places and as yet none appear at same hospital.

I wonder if anyone in this group may know anyone (would be too much to think a member is in this actual photo) but hoping someone knows someone who knows someone.

Thanks
Eric
Eric

backman

Hi Eric, I must admit I tried to ID this when it was on EBay and similarly failed to find any convincing link.I broadened my ancestry search to 1955 +- 5 years and got a few hits for later with two for Liverpool children's hospital but I'm not convinced.My thoughts are possibly a cadet group so younger than usual and perhaps more dropped out and decided not to train? IT is unusual to see so few fail to qualify so sorry I'm stumped too! Good luck

wilfb

Hi.

I don't think that this was a cadet group - maybe a little older.  About the 50's feels right though.  Beyond that I too am stumped...

However, I would be more than willing to add this group to the next SoN News page - some of you will be aware of my penchant for using digital images and I would love to try just a little magic on these photographs.  Who knows Christmas is en-route and I am desperate to finish the page I am working on!

*With permission I will give it a go...

Very Best,
Will.

eric

Permission granted. Maybe get someone who may know?
Eric

wilfb

Thank you kind sir!

We are very late but be assured that we are working and will publish asap!

Will.

Laurie

Hello,

I realise this is an old post but couldn't resist a little sleuthing. On checking the Nursing Register at Ancestry I found a Veronica GAFFNEY  (Reg no: 257788) listed at Swindon & District Group training school. Date of Registration:  1st April 1958.

Regards,

Laurie

wilfb

Hi Laurie,

I have never personally beaten this one - but  perhaps Eric or Peter - given your new clue, can advance the search....

Happy New Year & very best wishes,

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk