News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

WW1 Home Hospitals

Started by backman, August 19, 2017, 02:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

wilfb

Hi.

Yes, it is a very nice and well detailed site.  An excellent addition to our own nursing history.  Nice lead picture, but the finding list (45 hospitals I think) had me fooled for a few seconds in that clicking the links therein did not seem to go anywhere.  The list of hospitals is of course static, and scrolling down after selecting a link certainly did the trick. A lost of photographs and fine detail is every case.

I would have loved to have seen a new photograph with each hospital followed, but thos are technical presentation quibbles - they are not intended to detract for what is another fine addition to our history in the UK.  A fine site...

Perhaps it is time to look again at our own presentation and add a page of links?

Will.

Arthurian

Hopefully someone will come across this post, About Three or Four years ago I bought a Badge from the Internet from 'Chequers Hospital', later conversation ensued with Lady Norma Major [Former Premier Sir John Major's Wife.] whatever their political views she is a likeable person and had written an interesting book on the History of Former Military Officer's Hospital, later 'Gifted' to the Nation as a country retreat for future P.M.s and their guests.

The Ring of Elizabeth 1st which has a secret picture of Anne Bolynne, her mother, concealed therein is one of it's treasures.

Art

Arthurian

Quote from: Arthurian on January 31, 2018, 10:57:08 PM
Hopefully someone will come across this post, About Three or Four years ago I bought a Badge from the Internet from 'Chequers Hospital', later conversation ensued with Lady Norma Major [Former Premier Sir John Major's Wife.] whatever their political views she is a likeable person and had written an interesting book on the History of Former Military Officer's Hospital, later 'Gifted' to the Nation as a country retreat for future P.M.s and their guests. Chequers: The Prime Minister's Country House and Its ...
The book provides the reader with previously little known information about the history of Chequers and its purpose. It has been well researched by Norma Major and is a unique contribution about one of Britain's most familiar yet lesser known country houses.

The Ring of Elizabeth 1st which has a secret picture of Anne Bolynne, her mother, concealed therein is one of it's treasures.

Chequers: The Prime Minister's Country House
www.amazon.co.uk › ... › Architecture › Planning
The book provides the reader with previously little known information about the history of Chequers and its purpose.

It has been well researched by Norma Major and is a unique contribution about one of Britain's most familiar yet lesser known country houses.

Art

backman

heatherannej

Hello all ... thanks very much for your kind words and constructive comments on my Home Hospitals site - they are much appreciated.   I have just found your forum and have joined to thank you ... that said, I think I shall enjoy exploring the forum and the photographs!!

I am a real novice, when it comes to placing info on the internet. I chose a really simple site, as a way of placing my 2013/14 research online (within Word documents), which I had carried out in order to create folders for display at a local WW1 Centenary Exhibition in 2014.  That was the only outing for them and it seemed a shame not to share all the research.   Of course, since then, I  have found more to add ... well, I know there will always be something else to discover!

I am open to any criticism if I have anything down incorrectly.  I came to the subject "cold" as I have no nursing background and it all came about because I attempted to discover more about 2 Great Aunts of my husband - who were both First World War VADs.

Thanks again ....

backman

Welcome to our site Heather and congratulations on your efforts,plenty of details there for nurse researchers.
I'm sure that many members here will be happy to assist if they can.Thank you.

myk1066

Great piece if research, interesting links too.  Well done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk