News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Overdue News

Started by wilfb, May 11, 2017, 08:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi.

And serious apologies. Our last News Page was December 2016.  We should have followed up by the end of February 2017. We are at least 2 months (!) behind schedule.

Circumstance (perhaps better know as S.ds Law) simply made the publication impossible until now.  But, true to form there has been much technical work completed to benefit the operation of the site and much work done on the News Page. The galleries have continued to expand and membership has increased. More articles are also in the offing... Much work done...

Nevertheless, I am apologizing for the News Page delay. We have managed something like 10 years reasonable (I believe) continuous presence - not a bad performance.  I have simply had to pause for (News Page) breath because of an overwhelming workload.

Please accept my apologies and watch this space!!

Will.

backman

No apologies needed Will, Unfortunately the real world does have a habit of interfering with our priorities,as I well know.I'm sure that we all look forward to seeing it in time.

barrysutton

As all the newsletters of such an amazing standard a little wait won't harm anyone, and eventually all those silly jobs catch up with all of us and require doing, I hope that you and yours are all well.

nursesue

hi just take your time it'll be worth the wait Could be worse you could have had ransomware installed and it did affect NHS Fife but alas I was a day off. AM not surprised if the NHS IT is as rubbish as NHS Fife one we're still operating on windows 7 only having just being switched from XP!!!   ::) I digress as its not all bad Edinburgh as seen the lowest rainfall for 75 years ;D :-*

wilfb

Hi Sue, Good to Hear from you..

You have RAIN?!  The wet kind?  It was 46C here this morning and is now 43C and reducing as evening approaches.  With luck it with be a cool night as last night was a full moon. It did cloud over earlier but it turned out to be a dust storm from Africa - just the job for a little fence erecting in Pam's garden! But ho, we get a friends son to do it so I did not lose too much sleep.... Pam tried to stop him working because of the heat - but of course he is a Cretan!

Yes, the NHS was somewhat laggard and got bitten badly. But Win 7 ?  I believe that some are still running XP - although one person has suggested that their failure to update is because they run (incompatible) bespoke software which would cost the earth to make compatible. I can only say that their IT depts. are paid good money to keep things secure and online..... Must be quite a headache for them but I cannot sympathize.

Fingers crossed...

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk