News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Pricey

Started by myk1066, April 23, 2017, 10:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Check out the St Luke's badges on sale, pricey or what?

backman

I thought it was at the top end of the price range myself but once again,the prices for nursing items are so variable,at present,on eBay.There are some really excellent badges at very reasonable Buy it Now prices whilst others are going for well above their anticipated values.It all goes to show that the market is very subject to change with collectors coming and going all the time.As long as the buyers are happy with what they ultimately pay and cherish their prizes then that's all that matters,surely? Collecting is just that and is not ever an alternative for playing the Stock markets.

wilfb

Hi.

I didn't see this one Myk - what was them price?

Will.

backman

For some reason Glasgow Royal Infirmary Pelican badges seem to be the next badge that has seen a price surge.One closed on Ebay for £225 the other night.Yet again no apparent reason other than two people wanted it??

myk1066

If only they'd have asked, I've one or two going spare!

nursesue

I've also been monitoring prices and trends once over my Scottish badges were reasonable but as you say their prices are rising as with the ERI and a recent Law hospital the trend that amazes me most is the price rise amongst midwifery and early SCM/CM state badges A recent Scottish  blue midders also went for a nice sum
I can't believe that a London hosp has been relisted, where once, it would have flown off the shelf The rarer London, with the fretwork, and boxed sold for a nice sum possibly due to its rarity and the box
I'm not here to judge what someone will pay for a badge because I know if it was a rare Scottish one I would certainly up my game to get it
My bug bear is those who list a badge, you bid on it and then its disappears with a rather poor excuse This has happened to me twice in as many weeks I did complain to the one seller it miraculously reappeared ( with an equally poor excuse) and I won it
ps another ERI has gone on this seller is in France so bon chance

wilfb

Well chased up Sue!

Will.

myk1066

Sunderland Royal Infirmary gone from auction of £45 to £150 as a buy it now, some price hike don't you think?

backman

Now changed to £300 as a Buy it now or Best offer. I do wonder if some vendors make any attempt to look at comparable prices when listing or merely think of a number ? I am tempted sometimes to list a few items at really silly prices just to see if they sell but my conscience might trouble me?

myk1066

I must be half asleep, I meant £300.  The gold Hospital badge that's been on for an age is cheaper.

nursesue

yes I've also noticed the price hike There are still bargains to be had - picked up a rather nice Lincoln at a very reasonable price as well as a Notley Ortho last week for £10 - Petes glasow massage badge is also a good price Haven't seen on ebay for a wee while but I know they were finding high prices and selling fast but I finally got one and another SCM gone as a buy it now for £69

backman

A nice Royal Free has gone on listed at BIN of £250. Although in good condition i'd say £100 on a good day? Still no rhyme or reason behind some prices???

nursesue

backman

A Sunderland Royal Infirmary for £300 anyone?

myk1066

That one went in for less than £90 initially!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk