News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Phaleristics/Faleristics

Started by backman, April 18, 2017, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Well I learn something new everyday! Thanks to a very interesting customer in Austria I have learnt that the study and research of orders of chivalry and merit is known by the term Phaleristics.He has published a book on the Nursing Faleristics of Austria which I will try and get hold of.

Magpie

Does that make you a "Nursing Faleristic" then?!!

backman

Probably a Super ,not Callow, Faleristic ?  :)

wilfb

hi.

Should I report him to the moderator Magpie?

Will.

myk1066

Now that supercalafragerlistic which makes me expadocious!

wilfb

barrysutton

I think I'll stick to being just a badge collector, with my small!!! collection.
All the best,
ODPBarry

wilfb

Hi.

Can you define 'small' for me please Barry?  Or then again perhaps that is too big a question!!!

Very Best.
Will.

backman

You know small Will? Like Australia small! :D

wilfb

Hi,

Yes, I think that I am going to have to report you to the moderator - or is that small thinking??!!  Ole...

Will.

barrysutton

Total collection somewhere in the region of 300.000 items but only about a third of it is related to medical insignia with an emphasis on Military Medical Insignia.

wilfb

Hi Barry.

Thanks for that. You must have your own museum! ;)

But have you seen one of these and if so can you name it?  We have Peter flummoxed (never heard of that before.. Image below...

Will.

*Click image to enlarge..

barrysutton

Sorry I don't know what it is either, as to museum, my wife thinks that I have to many, I have thinned it out a bit I think at one stage I had about 500.000 items.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk