News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

RCN Centenary and HONS newsletter

Started by backman, March 21, 2016, 11:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

backman

For any RCN members in the Eastern region a centenary event is planned for the Great Hospital Norwich on Thursday 26th May.A variety of uniforms and artefacts from the RCN will be on show and I will also be taking some items from my collection.Please contact the regional office for details

https://uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=bt-1&.rand=2if95p44nlss1#mail

myk1066

I think the idea of one place for all badges is good, however it needs to be completely & utterly free for all to view especially online.  Blackman, with what you said  in mind, how can the RCN ask for more badges to add to its collection only for them not to be accessible, displayed or catalogued?  The badge display in the shape of the UK clearly asks for more badges to add to its collection.

Sarah Rogers

I have always found the RCN Archives excellent when I have asked for their help about a bage- the Isle of Wight Typhid Medal is a case in pont- they did not know what it looked like, but found it, took me a photo and emiled it to me - I was able to use it acnowledgeing their copyright. The other nurse collector who has one never responded to my request for help- and the article was to share with all  on here...

backman

I was able to attend the RCN's Eastern Region Centenary event yesterday and took along some badges,pictures,uniforms and ephemera,etc to display. The meeting was attended by a Number of ex nurses from the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital Nurses League as well as current RCN activists and the current President Celia Anim. We had some very complimentary comments and feedback which helped,once again, to promote our History.
I was at one stage sitting next to the President who had donned her chain of office.This consists of a gold collar made up of engraved links bearing the names and dates of office of all previous presidents.from this  is suspended a Gold and enamel jewel with a central Moonstone surrounded by 12 Diamonds and 12 sapphires signifying the 24 hours of day and night care. Below this is a gold and enamel badge modelled on the coat of arms.Very heavy ,very lovely and very valuable,insured for over £100,000.Not one that will end up in our collections me thinks? Not a good picture but it gives you an idea;https://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/27264783595

myk1066

backman

Sarah Rogers

backman

And very nice it is to see you appear in it too,Sarah!

Sarah Rogers

Thanks ... and it all started with that typhoid medal!

wilfb

Sarah - where are you. I searched everywhere!! Can you provide a link?

Will.

backman

wilfb

Hi.

The link is good Peter. I downloaded the newsletter - a second or two - and an easy, interesting read. Well worth it!

Thanks.
Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk