News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Carry on Matron

Started by myk1066, March 24, 2017, 09:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

I was watching said film last weekend and saw some of the actresses, including Hattie Jaques, were wearing hospital badges.  The badge was round, appeared to have a blue border and possibly had a building to its centre.  Anyone have any idea what the badge is?  I suspect it is one, a maternity hospital, that recently featured here in SoN but I don't seem to be able to find it.  Ideas please.

nursesue

m fave game is identifying the badges I see on TV There are rich pickings on the Royal - Wendy Craig/matron's badge is still eluding me. I did identify the District Nurses badge on the soap "take the high road" ( a now defunct Scottish soap being re-shown on Edinburgh STV ) as from Glasgow Royal So must watch carry on matron and see if I can see it

backman

I know the Wendy Craig badge from the Royal because I sold the props department a spare a few years back. Bury school of Nursing maroon border(I think it post dates the timeline for the series but who cares?)
I've struggled to find clear images of the Carry on badges worn by HJ although I think she did have a Middlesex hospital in one of the latter films.
I always wanted one of the St Angela's Hospital badges which were invented and produced for the TV series Angels but they always sold for very high prices when they did crop up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk