News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Still puzzled!!!

Started by backman, January 01, 2017, 04:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Despite the suggestion that the badge with QAH/PTC may be associated with the Queen Alexandra Hospital Home at Roehampton/Worthing I am still to be convinced . I have had the four badges shown here;https://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/31910074951/

for a number of years and despite a strong finding that all are nursing related I am no further forward in getting a Definite ID. I would really like to put these into a known location in 2017 so all suggestions are welcome.

wilfb

Yes, the PTC badge seems a definite but the remaining badge shown in the December News Page (badge attached) I can only wonder about right now. I did go back to the correspondent (C Pierce) but was directed to the Wiki RAMC details. No further...

I will go back....

backman

I have been in contact with the Queen Alexandra Hospital Home who have been able to tell me that the QAH PTC badge is not one of theirs as the hospital has always been known as the QAHH since its beginnings in the First World War.Also the Pink rose badge which does bear the QAHH title is likely to be a fund raiser or long service badge rather than a training badge,as the Home was not ever a training school but rather recruited pre trained nurses.
They did suggest that I might try QAH Portsmouth however.

wilfb

Hi Peter,

I will copy this response to our correspondent if I may.  If he doesn't know the answer I think that we will have to leave this one open. I wonder of perhaps he was just testing - not really sure himself....  But then, if he knows the answer we have another gain. Lets see.....

Will.

Ps. Not all correspondents want to participate directly in the site - I sometimes wish they would.  I am sometimes tempted to just leave the link, but I don't like closing doors on possible fruitful gains....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk