News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Royal Southern Hospital Liverpool Reunions

Started by steve kite, January 07, 2017, 07:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve kite

Hi, I trained at the United Liverpool Hospitals and was based at the Royal Southern Hospital until it sadly closed in 1978. After a couple of years at the then new Royal Liverpool Hospital in ITU I moved to Scotland and have worked in NHS Tayside for the last 36 years. I have tried unsuccessfully to find out about RSH reunions in an effort to make contact with old colleagues from my time at the RSH and other hospitals in the city. Any help to make contact with staff from the Royal Southern would be greatly appreciated thank you Steve.

backman

Hello Steve,
Welcome to the group. I am not sure if the RSH has it's own nurses league as many across the country have disappeared over recent years.I do know however that the LRI still maintains a group and a good website and I have a finding may have amalgamated with other Liverpool hospitals.Check out;http://www.livnursesleague.co.uk

barrysutton

Myrtle Street, The former Royal Liverpool Children's Hospital hold annual reunions in the Aldelphi Hotel.

nursesue

hi and welcome to the group from your neighbour in NHS Fife

steve kite

Hi, Apologies for the delay in replying to the posts. As well as still working for the NHS part time I also have a farm and been rather busy due to the weather. Thank you for the information and welcome to the group. After many years of searching I have at last found out that the Liverpool Royal Southern Hospital reunion is held every September at the Adelphi Hotel and in recent years this has also included staff who worked at the Liverpool David Lewis Northern Hospital as well. I have been in contact with the organiser of the RSH reunions and after providing information on my training years at the RSH have joined the group and will be attending this year. It will be the first time I have been back in my home city in over 38 years. I believe that Liverpool has changed significantly in the years I have been away (in Scotland) and a lot of familiar landmarks have long since gone. I know all the hospitals in the old United Liverpool Hospital group have been demolished except for Liverpool Royal Infirmary, which lay empty for many years but has now been taken over for a variety of uses, which includes a GP practice, Conference Centre. Well that's progress I suppose but at least they did not pull it down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk