News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Project 2000 Mental Health Nursing Branch

Started by Maureen46, November 03, 2016, 09:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maureen46

I completed 3 years study in Mental Health Nursing at the Northern Area College of Nursing in Antrim in 1994 and was awarded a Diploma of Higher Education from the University of Ulster.

I am now in the process of applying for registration with the Nursing & Midwifrey Board of Ireland (NMBI) and I am unable to obtain a copy of my transcript of training as the nursing college is no longer operating.

In 1995 the Colleges of Nursing became responsible for conducting the final nursing examinations, and in 1997 they amalgamated  with the Queen's Unviersity of Belfast (QUB) and the University of Ulster. The Northern Area College of Nursing ceased to exist after amalgamating with the universities, and all the transcript of training records were taken over by the universities, and these records were immediately sent to the then named UKCC, which is now known as the Nursing and Midwifrey Council (NMC) -they are unable to give me my transcript of training and only have the nursing syllabus up to 1992 - the NMBI will accept a syllabus instead of the transcript.

I have contacted University of Ulster, Queens University and the Royal College of Nursing Library in Belfast, but unfortunately they have no information relating to the Project 2000 course.

I would be extremely grateful if anybody had any information and/or contacts that would help me obtain the syllabus for the Project 2000 Common Foundation and Mental Health Branch program 1991 - 1994.

Thank you very much
Maureen

wilfb

Hello Maureen,

Can't promise - but one of our members may be able to help.  I will bring your post to his attention.

Will.

eric

Maureen,

I worked at QUB until 5 years ago and you are correct that everything was send to what is now NMC. However, I appreciate the difficulty of getting transcripts as I believe that these were not kept by the NMC. However, my understanding from previous nurses trying to obtain a transcript was to ask the NMC to provide the NMBI with the required information directly. The fact that you are registered with NMC should in theory be sufficient. However, from year 2000 all nurses training in the Republic of Ireland have become graduates (have a degree rather than a diploma), which puts an extra difficulty trying to register in Republic of Ireland if one does not have a degree.

I would write again to the NMC requesting they provide necessary information or get their advice on how to proceed.

This is just one effect of organisations throwing everything from past out when changes are made. Records, equipment, memorabilia etc. (including badges etc).

Good luck and do let us know how you get on so we can advise others in similar situations

Eric
Eric

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk