Author Topic: SoN News Page  (Read 41498 times)

nursesue

Re: SoN News Page
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2020, 11:09:47 PM »
just wonderful - but I'm about to put a cat amongst the pigeons by posting a photo of my recent buckle find

wilfb

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2020, 10:53:18 AM »
Cats & Pigeons eh' Sue?

No problem!  Looks a super possible addition(?).

Send us more details and a larger picture please...

Will.

wilfb

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2020, 04:17:57 PM »
Hi.
And welcome to the 51st issue of SoN news - March 2020.

www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

Our last issue (51 - March) is another exceptional issue.  It does surpass the last!! Really...

Our articles (particularly 60 (http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Collections1/Collections60.htm)  nursing buckles) has again been updated.  The new addition is the named and dated buckle and badge of Bristol Eye Hospital - magic!

‘Collectors Corner’ is worth yet another special look - our newly acquired Bristol Eye Hospital pictures are a definite first...

And also the already started Barry Suttons gallery is now open for first looks...

Editing this page has remained difficult because the Covid 19 situation.

Our  thanks to all contributors - and again especially to our Tech’ Admin ‘adrianb’ without whom none would have been possible. Thank you all..._

Keep safe - I won't mention hand washing!

Will.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:23:06 PM by wilfb »

wilfb

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2020, 02:26:52 PM »
Hi,

Well, the final date advertised for our June 2020 News page (June 30th) came and left without me - yesterday!!

But we managed it today (1st July) and here are with our fifty-second SoN News Page.

For all the work, there doesn't seem much to put on-line (there is of course plenty already there) with the gallery pages continuing and articles being prepared. 'Collectors Corner' also reports no new additions, but there is a fair amount there to perhaps reacquaint with past events.

A couple of new South-African badges are certainly worth a look - promise.

This month has again been particularly difficult. Covid 19 certainly has not helped, and the loss of a close friend was not good news by anyone's measure. 

On the bright side - and yes, there is one - We were locked down on Crete before we were due to return earlier in the year (Greece locked down almost before anyone else) and decided to remain until we deemed it safe to return to the UK.  The weather is superbly hot. HOT! We are looking forward to returning - hopefully soon. Our first flights from the UK to Chania are not for another week or so, so we are watching carefully our UK situation.

Enjoy the  read...

Will.   
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 04:06:43 PM by wilfb »

wilfb

• Administrator
Re: SoN News Page August
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »
Hi,

Well, the final date advertised for our August 2020 News page (August 31) came and left without me again - two days ago - Apologies!!

But we managed the upload today (2nd Sept) - and here are with our fifty-third SoN News Page.

A lot of work again and I hope something to show for it.  'Collectors Corner' has new additions (St Bartholomew's 1897 (!) buckle, plus a scarce silver plated nurses belt & buckle for the Middlesex Hospital London. Mounted on its original Ward Sisters' Petersham belt).

A couple more 'National' badges - North East Manchester SoN Enrolled Nurse badge and a University College of Worcester badge - Nice.

Again another particularly difficult month. Covid 19 certainly has not helped. We look like canceling a booked flight to the UK too. Perhaps the new gallery being added for 'nursesue' will get more time now.... 

On the bright side - and yes, there is one - We are still on Crete - we were due to return shortly but have decided to remain until it is deemed safe to return, seems more sensible. It is still superbly hot. HOT! 39oC right now. We were [/u] looking forward to returning - having not seen our family for so long now. But we know many who are and have had worse times.

Enjoy the  read - make our struggle with the elements worthwhile!!...

Will. 

nursesue

« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2020, 09:18:56 PM »
wonderful as always personally I'd stay in crete better weather, better food and no wee nippy !!! who in her wisdom has now ::) decided that anyone coming from Greece must self isolate O am so fed up with it all what i need is a decent saganaki and a large cold mythos......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk