Author Topic: SoN News Page  (Read 21582 times)

barrysutton

Re: SoN News Page
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2018, 09:34:47 PM »
Wonderful as usual, especially the article on belt buckles, I have further info I can let you have on this subject.

barrysutton

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2018, 12:53:14 AM »
Further info regarding Belt & Belt Buckles, if you require scans of any please advise, Royal Australian Army Nursing Corps, National Examining Board for Dental Nurses, Q.A.R.N.N.S. Nursing sisters W.W.1 suede belt, Q.A.R.N.N.S. Off's gilt Qc Buckle, Q.A.R.N.N.S. chrome O/r's. The Queen's Institute of District Nursing exists in both Wm & blackened Wm. There is also a R.A.M.C. chromed stable belt + buckle, the R.A.F. male nurses wore the R.A.F. stable belt and buckle.
The 1937 buckle is from the U.S.A., also there are belt buckles for the Royal Canadian Army Medical Corps and The Royal Canadian Army Dental Corps.
There are belt buckles for The St. Andrews Ambulance Corps, The B.R.C.S., St. John's Priory for Wales, Order Of Malta Ambulance Corps, St. J.A.B. Cadets, St. J.A.B., German Red Cross, German Army Medical Corps, all these organisations have had nurses in them.
All the best,
ODPBarry

wilfb

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
Hi Barry.

Yes please - anything you have.  As you know all is valued and will hopefully be used constructively. When I started the article I had no idea we would find so many. Perhaps a part 2 is needed - or an extension of the original?

Your original help Is much appreciated.

Very Best,
Will

backman

• Happily Retired Nurse,Nursing History Devotee!
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »
I have found another SoN issued buckle which I had heard of but never seen.Only a picture I'm afraid as the owner, quite rightly intends to hang on to it! It dates form the amalgamation of the the University College Hospital and the Middlesex Hospital schools of Nursing into the Bloomsbury College of Nurse Education in the late 1980s and combines the emblems from the two separate buckles.

wilfb

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
Hi Peter,

Any chance of a copy & permission to add to our SoN page?

Will.