News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

SoN News Page

Started by wilfb, October 16, 2008, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrysutton

I did and as usual it was excellent.

backman

Yes indeed,always worth the wait.

wilfb

Many thanks all.

My machine was just so unbelievably fast that I didn't believe the mails could have gone - even though it reported complete. Must have been a fluke! Good to know though...

Thanks again,

Will.

nursesue

wilfb

Hi.

Well!! Done it again! Not a single missed deadline - in fact we are two days early - absolutely a first!  But then I am attempting to ignore the fact that I may be months late!  Everything and it's donkey seemed to prevent my getting the due pages completed last year - but my apologies were well received - thank you.

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

And another good read I hope - The news page itself; and three new articles - although one  (Ann Braddick) is a preview (with more photographs to follow)...

All the links are there and hopefully working correctly - if they don't please refresh your bowser before giving up - it often works!!

Any errors are all mine, but please do tell me if you find any - nicely please..... Applause is acceptable (if the product is worthy)!!

Very best for now, please enjoy,
Will.

backman

Thanks Will,as ever an interesting read.Well done to all contributors. Inspired me to look again at Miss Joyner.My best guess so far is that this may be Agnes M L Joyner who was superintendent of the Nottingham County Nursing Federation late in her career.I will dig a bit more when I get a chance.

myk1066

A good read as always, well done.

wilfb

Hi.

Published on schedule! Lots of news, more articles imminent in 'collections' - Three new articles plus two in preparation; Public Gallery Progress - no change this time; Collectors Corner - nurse buckles & belts; A  couple of very nice Glasgow badges; Photograph from the past - details sought; +more. +++

A good read we hope along with serious thanks to all who have contributed.  We have had a couple of technical problems - recent computer and software upgrades have thrown a few spanners, but we hope that we have managed to keep these out of the works!  We do try....

Enjoy.
Very Best, Will.

backman

A link to the page if this is right?

wilfb

Hi.

Yes the link is fine - many thanks. Have sent private note.

Will.

backman

Very enjoyable as always so congratulations to all contributors.I was particularly interested in the article by Sue Barker on Amy Anne Braddick and the image of her in uniform whites in 1942. It bears a very close resemblance to a painting I have in my pending pile(In need of restoration and research).Simply titled Matron it shows a QAIMNS Reserve nurse in tropical uniform.
What do people think,Could it be the same person?  https://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/30277834944/#comment72157667643864987

wilfb

Hi Peter,

Could be - the painting is a little coarser than what I believe is a camera portrait, but it is apossibility. And yo never know, someone may pop up with the answer.... Lets see what b others think.

That particular article by the way, has a way to go before completion - there is a lot of material/photographs to deal with but it should be done by the next news - couple of months away...

Will.

wilfb

Hello to all.

Our main site news page for October 2018 is now on-line. You can reach it simply by clicking the site 'Newspages/SiteNews' link at the top of the page - or right here:-

The new article on nurse belts and buckles is now on-line - really a joint compilation for which we sincerely thank all contributors for their permissions.  This is probably the largest collection of nurse belts and buckles currently available on-line in the UK. Link below.

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Collections1/Collections60.htm

There is, we hope, something of interest to all - our website progress and happenings, something for all we hope for all. Enjoy!

WB.

backman

A quick read through looks like another sterling effort.I am away(again) for a few days but it appears that one of the earliest dedicated hospital buckle may be that of Bart's. I have a glass plate negative of a group of army nurses during the boer war with one wearing a Bart's buckle and will try and copy for you on my return.I believe there may be a few more,as I have seen one with A H which I believe may possibly be for ancoats hospital, and a few others.Another up to now neglected subject in Nursing History!

wilfb

Hi.

Another little bit of magic Peter. Many Thanks.

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk