News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

My Lottery win(maybe)

Started by backman, August 12, 2016, 06:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

I have already seen my first purchase when my long awaited Jackpot comes to fruition; http://www.hansonsauctioneers.co.uk/pages/news-details.php?id=661

and once acquired I would donate it to the Army medical Services Museum ,ready for it's relocation to Cardiff!

Magpie

Fabulous collection to add to my WW1 collection, only joking Peter! Can't afford any more WW1 nursing medals for a long time, I've spent a fortune on them. Useful to know that auctioneers name. Haven't seen anything recently on Fellows.

backman

i know that finding exactly! unfortunately my massive win has been deferred till Wednesday as all I won was a Lucky dip ticket.I can wait.

backman

This lot sold for £11,200 plus commission ,which was 22 1/2 % making a grand total of £13,720.I do hope that it went to a good home,unfortunately though not mine!

myk1066

I do hope it stays in the UK better still gone to a museum in the UK for all to see.

backman

Just bid on a Military nursing medal group of South Africa pair and 3 WW1 medals.The estimate was £150-200,I thought it would go for around £600-800,the hammer price was £3100. The demand for good military groups is far exceeding supply both for Military and Nursing collectors. Good to see them appreciated even if I never manage to win any!!!

Sarah Rogers

Wow, was the nurse researchable?

backman

Yes I had a glimpse and was able to find her Princess Christian ANSR details for Grace Black(MID) QSA/KSA as well as First World War details under her married name G M Craik,serving in Egypt and Reading War Hospital.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk