News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Still Seeking

Started by backman, April 26, 2016, 09:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Westminster Hospital Enrolled Nurse, Westminster Hospital League of Nurses.

backman

Kettering school of Nursing ,red enamel cross version,if anyone can help?

backman

I really don't know why I bother trying to help some people as it is wasted effort!! A customer is disappointed that the badge she bought (in near mint condition,thanks Sue!) seems a bit lighter than the one she lost! It also doesn't go through her uniform to well so it must be a fake!!! This is on a silver badge hallmarked 1964.This is one of many cases I have had where people have requested I seek out a badge only to change their minds once I get one for them. Nurses....Don't ya just love them!!!!!!

myk1066

Sounds soul destroying, did you take the badge back?

backman

I will do,I am sure it will be re homed with an appreciative owner before too long.

wilfb

Hi.

Hope that if wasn't one of my (infrequent) recommends Peter. But perhaps, in the future, we will have all badge attributes listed - including badge weight.  Unfortunately we won't be listing pin sharpness (or maybe uniform 'resistance to pins') among the attributes....

There is only one test I know of that is totally foolproof (although I am not willing to reveal this online) but I think, even having proven a badge genuine we would still have unbelievers. I wonder how the 'seems a bit lighter' badge was weighed?!! 

But yes, I also have a mailbox containing questionable items - I do my best to help wherever I can but it can be testing.  But nurses, yeah, I just love them - most of the time....

Will.

myk1066

Hope you gave her short shrift!

backman

Thanks all,No I do offer a refund if people are unhappy with their purchase .Luckily 99% of people usually are happy but there is always one or two.

nursesue

how annoying is that??? it is a genuine badge and is in VGC - her loss

backman

The requests to replace lost badges keep rolling in. If anyone has a spare Mid Hertfordshire school of Nursing,University of Wales College of Medicine Batchelor of Nursing version,Brompton Hospital Cardiac course,Ulster Hospital,Leicester Evington Infirmary(LEI),North Staffordshire SoN 1970s/80s.and lots more!

backman

Clients seeking -Glasgow Royal Infirmary School of Nursing,another Westminster Hospital Nurses League,University of Nottingham School of Nursing.Thanks

backman

North Lothian College (Blue) Anyone?

backman

And seeking another Guy's Cazenove medal,if anyone has a spare?

backman

And Still the requests from nurses seeking to replace lost badges,keep coming.If anyone can help do please get in touch.;

Army dustbin lid,Warwichshire school of nursing(large oval bear) Nuffield Orthopaedic hospital,Homerton college of nursing,St George's hospital silver belt buckle. St Mary's penny,And tons of others!

It is now three years since I launched my sales site during which time I have disposed of much of my collection but amassed almost as many more! I have been able to reunite many nurses with badges that they have lost but disappointed many more.I like to think that I have introduced several others to the delights of collecting and researching our nursing history.What I am not however is much richer and the purchase of mixed lots at auction has led me into trading in general Collectables with now two cabinets in an antiques centre in Norwich.So thank you to all members of this site that have supported me and my venture.It does still seem that there are many more items to discover but they aren't getting any easier to find.

backman

St Luke's Guildford,Addenbrookes Cambridge,Sheffield Children's hospital,

THanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk