News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

such a small world

Started by nursesue, September 04, 2015, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

about 12 months ago I bought a Scottish collection of badges, certificates and other ephemera belonging to Christina Elizabeth Simpson  - photos can be seen in my gallery. Last week I was offered the chance to buy a wee collection of Scottish badges - which i did I also got some duplicates which i used to replace my less than perfect badges I also got some that I hadn't already got.
So I set about catalouging and photographing my new badges and I sat and  looked at the Aberdeen Royal engraved to CE Simpson 1927-30. Bells clanged loudly and I thought why does that name ring a bell??? yes it's her missing hospital badge. I contacted the seller but alas she doesn't have any other stuff belonging to Christina.
I am still on the look out for her Scottish RGN state badge dating from the 1930s as well her Glasgow Maternity hospital badge from 1933 to pair up with her SCM badge and I would really love her Scottish State certificate. If you any of come across her state certificate or RGN badge please let me know as I would love to put her history back together The Glasgow Maty may be ellusive as they didn't tend to engrave recipients details to rear.
So it really is a small world and just shows you have to read the small print.

wilfb

Hi.

A super find Sue.  Maybe a needle in the haystack but I have added a note to watch for on my machine....

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk