News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Globe Trotting Again!

Started by wilfb, August 05, 2015, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

Biggin HIll is the current temporary home of  the Red Arrows- 3 trips over SEvenoaks in 2 days- over our house:)... and 18th sees a special show theire- 18 spitfires etc!...sit on the roof? ...typing left hand as had op on tuesday... sorry for typos!S

Several very large planes went over this week; Eastbourne AND Headcorn and one other having displays- the rain caused a few problems ...

wilfb

Hello.

Ok - Caroline. You win this one! RAF Waddington it is (right now) but don't expect me to stand still for long, and Peter has already burnt me on RAF Wittering (next) so I will have to work on the clue for the next move but one.

Maybe I will be able to hand out an old Lincoln badge or two for anyone able (or best shot) to line up all my moves by the time I get back. But be warned, the last move may be very difficult to get.

However, the next move but one has yet to be declared.  The game is still on.....

Will.
Ps. I did stop it raining Magpie, but I might give in, I like it a lot!!

barrysutton

Why are you going to North Luffenham

caro7b

Will you be in Poole this weekend?

wilfb

Sorry, I am not giving out/away anything.

I may be simple but please, not stupid!!  Next you will be asking for the answers!! But please, try me.....

Game on.

Will.

barrysutton

Well there's one certainty, it won't be R.A.F. Sealand, Valley or Mona.

Multi Role Combat eh' Barry - but you are correct!

caro7b

I didn't think you were stupid - Sorry. That was conversational  :(

wilfb

Hello Caroline.

The apologies are all mine.... I'm afraid that sometimes my sense of humour gets just a little out of hand! I was laughing at the time, but now I am sober as a judge...

I know that you don't think me stupid.  Please forgive me? You are a valued member - I would not like you to feel offended.

Game on! Those badges are at stake....

Will.

caro7b

Oh it's just me being stupid. I am on balcony in Southboure just watching for vestiges of display. Come and have cuppa tea/glass Pimms if you are about 😋

backman

Stating the obvious it is wet in Wales!

wilfb

Hi....

NO! Never. Wet in Wales.... I can't believe that is my next destination but one!! Funny name 'Wet in wales' - was/is that an RAF base?

Enjoy!

But the Game is still on...

Will.

Ps. I packed those (Lincoln) badges today... All ready to post!! But where to?

barrysutton

Its not wet in N.Wales today and lucky me I don't require the Lincs badges.

Magpie

Hi Caro7b
Wish I'd known you were in Southbourne, I was in Westbourne, we could have had a glass or two!! Rosemary

caro7b

Oh that would have been lovely!! Would love to have met up.I am not globetrotting at the moment I am sat at Southampton airport because Aurigny aren't finding. Apparently it's weather in Alderney - anyone would think it was Wales

caro7b

Stab in the dark -RAF  Scampton. Did the Vulcan retire on Sunday just gone?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk