News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Globe Trotting Again!

Started by wilfb, August 05, 2015, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi.

Please note that Pam & I will be on holiday from today until end of August. 

I will be locking the membership register in a few minutes as finding out the 'badies' is otherwise a daily chore.

The register will be open Sat/Sun each week until we gat back.  Must go - a plane to catch!!!....

Will.

eric

Enjoy your holidays (but if coming to Ireland bring your winter clothes and wellies)
Eric

nursesue

same shite weather here in Scotland as well Hope Wilf managed his escape ok as Athens ATC had a strike yesterday!

backman

Bloomin' Norfolk is ok if you are passing although I'd usually advise people to carry on passing.The countdown to Welsh Wales has begun.

caro7b

It's gorgeous in Alderney😀 and I am having a four week sabbatical SO ...... I am going to Bournemouth to see my family, having turned down invites to travel the world. mmmmh ??? enjoy your jolly days everyone

barrysutton

Norfolk is too far away, Welsh Wales is good anytime come rain or shine.

wilfb

Hi - happy holidays!!  

Not Ireland I'm afraid Eric - though one day - promise... Wellies and all.  Last time I went to Scotland Sue I quartered at the Glasgow YMCA! Plus Wellies! But then I was piloting a very large Triumph motorcycle - that probably cost more than the entire YMCA building back then. Alderney? I think that my wife was once there holidaying with GOSH colleagues, but I have never had the pleasure Caroline...

Blooming Norfolk - I have never gotten over those magnificent Gorleston fish and chips Peter (thanks Steph') but unfortunately the nearest we will get to those will be Stamford - around 13 days time.

For anyone wondering after my whereabouts - a clue! Yesterday I was At BAE Systems being guided around that magnificent Avro Vulcan B2 (XH558) - who still has a couple of displays in her before she retires (around October this year) - I more or less grew up only around 5 miles from the Avro runway and spent many very happy hours getting neck-ache as she took off and landed.  The visit was a birthday gift from my son (now our technical wiz kid!). Superb. I was able to touch her once more before her retirement... And our names are in the bomb-bay!! No more Port Stanley's Barry....

But some Absolutely magical gains in consolation - badges, hat and hair pins, sewing gear (ladies) and nurse belts.  The latter have already been published - but the former, mouth-wateringly gorgeous addition  - well that must await the next news page. Not long now.

Guess about my current (mobile!) location?  Wish you were all here....

Will.

Magpie

Put us all out of our misery then!! Weather awful today.

backman

I probably would have said Lincolnshire(lots of Airfields) but I cheated so Doncaster?

nursesue

I'm guessing Duxford Cambridgeshire

caro7b

I'd guess Duxford an all. Lovely aircraft. Saw it beautifully close in Jersey in a display over the beach at St helier ( was a long time ago tho) my husband didn't know whether to look at the topless Jersey Belles or the aircraft. I will leave you to guess which he picked........ Can't wait to see the badge

Tell us about your name in the Bomb bay?

wilfb

Hi.

Lincolnshire sometimes. But that really is a wide space. And there is another Vulcan as gate guardian only around 1000 yards away right now, but we will shortly follow Tom Cruise's footsteps - although not his stunts, near then 'George'....

Will.

backman

http://plane-crazy.k-hosting.co.uk/Aircraft/Jets/Vulcan/avro_vulcan.htm 

Newark?

I know Tom Cruise was at RAF Wittering,but as far as I can recall I associate that with the Harrier jump jet,but it may well have been a Vulcan outside the main gates on the A1 towards the lovely market town of Stamford?

wilfb

Hi.

Nice try - but no, the Vulcan in Newark is part of an air museum, the one near me right now is on an active air-base! The Wittering base still has a Harrier as gate Guardian. But yes, Stamford is a lovely town....

I think that this is becoming a case of 'Catch me if you can'!  But I will reveal that at least one of the Vulcans in the Port Stanley raid on the Falklands came from here.....

Bomb bay names?  Caroline you can't
expect me to give the game away!

Back to the hare and hounds.... Sorry about all the rain - but after the 39c and rising temp at home it feels gorgeous....

Will.
Ps. Where are they now?

caro7b

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk