News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Belt Buckles

Started by backman, April 05, 2015, 04:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

HI, we never wore one- only petersham in midder and ITU... As far as I know it was our badges- belts etc not allowed.... S

nursesue

edit away Wilf Am just catching up with thing as as have just got back off holiday and may I say Pete you live in a beautiful part of the country and maybe next time I'm your way I'll drop by for a cuppa - work rotas and scottish judicery permitting!

backman

Quick question, Does anyone know did the Westminster Hospital produce a brass version of their portcullis Buckle (for Enrolled Nurses?)

barrysutton

Never seen one but "never say never".

backman

Watch this space.....

...and all shall be revealed ;https://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/18855880032/in/dateposted-public/

Also here Peter - Click image to enlarge/reduce - hope you won't mind -Will

barrysutton

The Westminister belt buckle you've shown on on the blue belt is a normal white-metal one surely?

backman

Not a good picture but this gives a better idea of the difference

https://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/18885990562/

wilfb

Hi.

Yes, Peters photograph of both shows clearly the very marked difference in the metals. Nice...

Will.

eric

A friend recently told me she had a Belfast City Hospital belt and Buckle from her training days. As I never knew one existed, I got her to send me a photo of it. Apparently same buckle was in 2 formats, solid silver or chrome. She has Chrome one.
I've tried putting her picture on here but unable to.

Anyway, thought you who are making list of hospitals who produced nurses' buckles, might now care to add BCH (Belfast City Hospital) to that list.
Eric

backman

Shame about the picture but thanks Eric.I can also add as definite St Georges(picture added) and Kings College Hospital.The list grows!

wilfb

Hi.

Eric sent the photograph which he requested to be added on his behalf. Here it is - very nice...  I think that Peter has already added it to the gallery. Absolutely superb additions. Many thanks. W.

Point/Click your cursor to enlarge/reduce.

Magpie

Wow that is certainly a stunning buckle!

Speedy

Hello Everyone

I am new to the group so thank you for accepting me.

I am not a collector, I am now a Senior Midwife who trained as a Nurse at Westminster Hospital (London) 1984-1988.
Goodness that seems an age ago but I promise you I remember every part of it!!!!

Does anyone know where I can locate a much missed and treasured hospital buckle?
Silver Coloured were for SRN/RGN
Copper for SEN

I trained at the time when the name was changed from State Registered Nurse to Registered General Nurse and was part of the first set to have the new title.

an anyone help????

Speedy

nursesue

nursesue

ps there's one just gone on ebay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk