News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Seeking

Started by backman, February 04, 2015, 04:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

The list of badges being sought for nurses wishing to replace lost or stolen items continues to grow.If anyone is able to help with any of the finding I am happy to discuss swaps or purchasing these via my mailbox.Latest requests are a blue Nottingham University School of Nursing and Midwifery castle motif/Tunbridge Wells School of Nursing silver Do well Doubt not/Great Ormand Street SRN/Newcastle upon Tyne 1977-80 era.

Many thanks

myk1066

Pictures of said badges might help me see if I have some of them.
Cheers.

wilfb

Hello Myk,

That sounds like a very good idea.  Don't hold your breath but maybe we can work something out in the very near future together with Peter.

Will. 

myk1066

The above links don't work, copying & pasting may work.

myk1066

I don't seem to be able to copy the link!

myk1066

Ive had a look at the links & First is Croydon HA.
Second is Uni of Nottingham SoN&M.
Third is Kent & Sussex Hospital Tunbridge Wells(I'd like this one)
Forth is Mid Trent College of Nursing & Midwifery.
Are these right?
I know sometimes pictures move in the gallery as new ones are added.
Mike

backman

Correct,all are being sought by nurses who have been awarded these and lost them.The Tunbridge Wells loss is particularly poignant as the recipient was awarded these nearly 60 years ago and is still active as a governor today.

myk1066

I hope she is able to replace the Tunbridge Wells badge.

wilfb

Hi.

Yes, it is a fact that as the badge database is updated the original links are no longer valid and the photographs therein will no longer display from the original link! Sorry - we need another way around. The obvious one is to add the actual photographs to the forum posts - they will not move.

But give me a couple of days to check all options and possibly find an answer. I have been unable to give the site 100% for the last month or so, but I will get back very shortly, although right now I really do think that adding the actual photographs is the easiest - although perhaps not the most effective.

Will.  

wilfb

Hi.

Well. That works..... But one badge per post perhaps right now.....

Plus, under the circumstances, we will not complain if a badge photo is taken from a sales site via links - for the purpose of helping someone locate a lost badge. (Please respect copyright).

In the near future we will have our photo galleries in a fixed database so there will be no problem in adding links to photographs.

Not an instant fix but it will work very well if we only use the one badge (two at the most ) method, remembering that any post photo has size restrictions of 128KB.

Will,

backman

Many thanks for your efforts.

backman

3 different requests,in one weekend,for a Nightingale Badge. One request for a circa 1950s London Hospital badge.

wilfb

Hi Peter.

Nightingale SRN? LH - I presume standard pattern not perforated?

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk