News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Wanted badges.

Started by backman, November 07, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

The St Steven's Hospital Dublin is even more expensive at £500+ looking for it.

He sending Irish to Bosleys as ebay not getting him enought
Eric

myk1066

Who is he, does anyone know him & are they that rare they command those prices!

eric

He is a dealer, collects UVF and military items. Buys collections and sells high.
Does not collect hospital or nursing. Buys anything that he thinks makes a profit. Recently bought over 100 Ireland Butlin badges and as you can see selling on ebay.

The St Stevens is old badge, few chips but very nice but I'd be reluctant to buy (even if I got lottery) at that prices.

I wonder what Bosley will value them at. Do let me know if you see them at auction anywhere.
Eric

nursesue

must be maddening to see such lovely and would like to have badges but must admit did get tempted and had a cheeky offer accepted I tend to avoid buying Irish badges unless I know Eric and Mark already have them

caro7b

It's very interesting to watch the utterly odd pricing. There are two Royal Hosp Wolverhampton badges, Same seller, same NAME on badge, but obviously different badges when you look at the reverse. One is £125 and the other £45. Or is it me being stupid  - I have one the same but a bit later than the £125 one and mine was £40 from Sally Boseley.

backman

More lost badges being sought. Whipps cross, Sister Dora Hospital Walsall, West London Hospital.

Any help,swaps ,etc will be appreciated.

nursesue

think I have a west london- will check and confirm later . Is it the  silver coloured one with blueish cross to centre? Also have 3 from newcastle 2 st Lukes bradford, sunderland and sheffied/north trent if you're interested

backman

thanks Sue,
I am in a very wet Oxffordshire at present,but will Mail you later in the week if that's ok?

nursesue

no probs - i do have that west london and oxford can't be as wet and windy as Fife is today! email me when you want

caro7b

Pete, there is someone selling a Breakspeare badge on EBay at the mo who I bought some quite nice badges from ages ago. She had a Sister Dora badge, an enrolled one I think, but she didn't think it genuine. I did but didn't buy it because, ssssh IT WAS SO HORRIBLE (as they are) even tho my mother worked there for ever and I do like Staffordshire stuff AND I was born at that hospital. She is Leigh meadow, for eBay purposes, and now lives in Canada. I had no probs with transactions from Canada. Give her a message?

nursesue

I have also bought stuff from her and have found her a reliable seller. I do have a sister Dora badge but am reluctant to part with it - so caro7b you are from Walsall? I am from Great Barr a stones throw away on the 51 bus route ( that may have changed since i was there last)

caro7b

Yes sue, a little village called Essington- in Cannock really. My mother worked at  Walsall Manor and St Margaret's in Great Barr. I remember seeing statue of Dorothy Patterson on the bridge in Walsall and my mother explaining what she had done and how she had helped so many. ma, who is now 82 came to work in Walsall as a physio in polio epidemic early 1950's. We're did you train Sue? I did RMN at Stmatthews Burntwood and I still haven't found that badge, and SRN in Stafford. I had pals in Aldridge and Great Barr.
By the way Pete there is a Sister Dora badge on eBay at the moment ( but I am sure you know!!!)

caro7b

Have you still got your accent or have you caught the scots vernacular? ::)

backman

Thanks Caroline,yes I have seen it and hopefully can acquire it for the nurse in question. I have also had requests for a blue Hexham General Hospital and a Newcastle Maternity badge(which I can't say I've ever seen?) It is strange how some badges are regular visitors to Ebay yet others appear only once in a blue moon or never at all?
I recently saw a Knowle Hospital,from Fareham badge which I had never seen before and it has consequently been added to my wants list.

caro7b

I am always amazed by the sheer number and variety of all these lovely badges, telling a little bit of the story of a persons life. I don't think I have seen any of those three badges you mention here. I think the rarest badge is the one I want!!!!!!!!!! Note number of exclamation marks  :P I have never seen a St Matthews hospital, Burntwood badge for sale, I have wanted one since 1981 when I qualified and got the blue one up there with a map on(sobs pitifully into handkerchief)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk