News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Wanted badges.

Started by backman, November 07, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

hi pete Just to say Lee's badges arrived today but none of your wanted where amongst them

backman

Thanks anyway Sue,it was worth a try.

backman

Yet another nurse has contacted me regarding a lost badge,this time it is for a Falkirk Royal Infirmary,SRN badge.If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

The number of approaches I receive,speaks volumes of the emotional link between Nurses and their School of Nursing badges.It is also sad to see how many are lost or stolen with little chance of being replaced.I am happy to see at least a few people successfully reunited with a replacement so sincere thanks to all on here who have been able to help.

nursesue

hi Pete think I may have the one you want Have to go to post office so will send it down to you
sue

backman

eric

Met a guy today who had 2 dozen Irish badges, half of which I do not have BUT he looking from £80 - £450 each for them.
Unfortunately they will have to be among the increasing number that is in my Wanted folder. At least nice to see what's available out there but prices for those to add to my little collection is getting beyond my pension means.
Eric

backman

Whilst it is always good to identify new badges I know just how finding it can be not to be able to acquire them! If I ever do get to win the lottery jackpot I will remember my needy friends!!!

myk1066

Eric
Is he contactable, I'd like to see what he had on offer!
Mkr

eric

Thanks Peter, you win the lottery I'll only need a few thousand for these few.
Mike, apparently he had these badges "on loan" from a collector whose identity was a very closely guarded secret. He refused to tell me whose badges they were. Indeed I think the prices he quoted included him applying a healthy "profit" to each badge.
Even less rare and more commonly appeared badges I got from ebay at £40 - £60, he was asking £80 - £120 each. The rarer older badges were above £320 - £450 mark. Nice but really I couldn't really justify paying this unless as Peter said, one had won lottery and could 'afford' it.

But one can dream and I really loved looking at and holding them today but with my first grandchild coming end of June, there is no competition, eh!!
Eric

backman

I wholeheartedly Agree with your priorities Eric,congratulations on the impending arrival.Whilst several of us on this site expend lots of time and money on the persute of badges,it is after all only a hobby.In the end it is just "stuff" and perhaps experiences and memories are more important? THat being said I shall still be trawling the antique markets of London next week to find that as yet undiscovered treasure! ::)

myk1066

Hi Eric
Is he the guy selling Irish badges on eBay now?

eric

Yes, he is a dealer. He putting these few on as tasters to see if he can obtain high prices.
Eric

nursesue

his prices seem quite reasonable compared to this Wimbledon and Nelson Hospital ( 371283260964) that I've just found on ebay in the USA !!!!!

eric

Now he has sold 4 badges and seems to be getting £120 a shot fairly quickly, I'd now expect to see the more expensive ones appearing in near future.

If you see any Irish badges from other sites or auctions available, please let me know.
Thanks
Eric

myk1066

What's with the badge at £450!!!  It's a cloak badge, I know it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, I wonder what other surprises the seller will have!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk