News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Wanted badges.

Started by backman, November 07, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

If anyone has a North West Surrey School of Nursing (Brown shield ) I have a customer seeking one?

nursesue

hi Pete I think have the one you're after and its for sale - was going to put on ebay next week as selling some badges on behalf of a friend who is downsizing his collection

backman

Thanks Sue,
I have emailed you.

backman

St Lawrence Hospital Bodmin anyone?Pinkish enamel ,lozenge shaped top and rounded bottom.Sought for an ex trainee there,

Thanks

nursesue

hi sorry but don't have that one

Sarah Rogers

Hi , sorry also not, but does anyone have , to borrow a will phrase a hens tooth??
I would just like an image please of a Isle of Wight Typhoid medal..... i have asked several sources,the RCN, and archives in Hampshire and Isle of Wight, and Edelweiss, but no luck with an image yet, thanks;  it is just for my dissertation, and also if possible to out on my maidstone typhoid website...thanks Sarah

backman

Sorry but I thought I had an image of one in the RCN display case but can't locate it.It really is a rarity and I only know of Edelweiss's and the RCN one.

Another request if anyone has a spare Great Ormond Street SRN,either the version with Hospitals or Hospital ,thanks

Sarah Rogers

HI, the RCn cannot locate one.

backman

That is rather distressing,possibly mis-filed? All I can say is that they definitely had one in the Meglaughlin collection.It is illustrated on page 34 of the Meglaughlin catalogue being badge number 648 with the reverse on page 46.

Sarah Rogers

backman

Anyone have a spare Mid Trent College of Nursing and Midwifery? Oval badge with gold edge and green centre showing river and trees.

Thanks

nursesue

pete I am expecting some more badges to be posted up to me this week from lee - will see if that one's there Don't hold your brreath as I don't remember seeing it in his collection

wilfb

Hi Peter,

No help I'm afraid - I thought that I might have one but unfortunately was wrong!

Will.

nursesue

no but have found a rare typhoid on ebay 191432999749 Wee bit expensive and not my area so I do hope someone on this site wins it

backman

I agree Sue,the Typhoid is nice but I have my eyes on another one from my wish list.Fingers crossed.Good luck to anyone going for the Maidstone though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk